eletrolyzer producing cold hydrogen

kumakamikaze
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

When i was running a popular community design called hydra, the temperature of the hydrogen was being output randomly cold. 

On the first 2 asteroids i have the same design and they have been running fine, just on this 3rd asteroid the bug happened. 
I tried to change the location 2 times but was unsuccessful. The lowest temperature i saw was something like -111C which froze the water and made the design stop working.

Steps to Reproduce

Just running the eletrolyzer 

• Like 1

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

This report is not an isolated bug, there has been several other cases (that unfortunately didn't make it to the bug tracker), including stuff heating up in vacuum. One such case was talked about on Discord here: https://discord.com/channels/282741876224688128/315229593680478219/934545307356770314

In a nutshell, that player had Lead Automation Wires melting at specific locations after being built in vacuum, which should not be possible.

A theory is that the game somehow preserve some since-deleted tiles temperature.

Share this comment

This seems to me extremely similar to the freezing volcano bug

In both cases if volcanos have water underneath them they can freeze it to -275C

I spawned a couple of volcanos using the sandbox tools mod and they act the same as the "naturally" spawned volcanos of other bug reports

image.thumb.png.a32b39b6d00619ab394cadb55d39f893.png

bug volcano.sav

and liquid gas mechanics don't work properly in a vertical zone at the edge of the asteroid

Liquid-Gas Bypass should move gases to the left. Left build is working properly, right one that is in the "infected" zone, doesn't work.
image.thumb.png.16e8070758270edf48454d41f5811914.png

bug volcano vent.sav

• Like 1

Share this comment