Duplicates will not Disable Buildings

unDrac86
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

Since beginning this World, I've been unable to disable any buildings. First encountered it with the Duplicate Printer, but when I attempted to disable other buildings to conserve power, none will be disabled. I've included the SAV file for review. Please let me know how to fix this or if you need anything else.

Irata.sav

Steps to Reproduce
Attempt to disable a building, even at Priority 9

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

I am running into this same bug.  Disabling buildings worked for me very early as I was able to disable the printer after printing my first dup (for a total of four).  However, after several cycles, I am now unable to enable it even with priority 9.  I ran into this in a prior game where I could not disable any buildings.  That one was around 70 cycles then they all caught the sickness and spiraled into horror.

Share this comment

unDrac86, I just loaded up your save file, and the duplicants do ignore machines to be disabled, but when I upped the priority, they took care of it right away. I also tried reloading the save file, then attempted disabling/enabling buildings using the "Toggle" setting in the personal priorities tab, with the same successful result.

Can you see if the issue is solved by altering the personal priorities for duplicants with the "Toggle" setting?

Share this comment

I just have the toggle priority for all dupes set at max and it takes care of the problem nicely.

Share this comment

10 hours ago, crypticorb said:

unDrac86, I just loaded up your save file, and the duplicants do ignore machines to be disabled, but when I upped the priority, they took care of it right away. I also tried reloading the save file, then attempted disabling/enabling buildings using the "Toggle" setting in the personal priorities tab, with the same successful result.

Can you see if the issue is solved by altering the personal priorities for duplicants with the "Toggle" setting?

I went in a tried resetting the Priorities of the Duplicates back to normal (Priorities > Menu > Reset) and let it run. They still continued to dig the Level 5 over Level 9 Disables. Is there anything in the Games Options that might be different between the Game Clients?

ONI Bug.png

Share this comment

I bumped up the toggle priority and its working for me now, too.  Thanks for the info.  I'd missed that one.  It's the third from the left on the priorities screenshot above.

Share this comment

So the only way is to bump the priority in the Priorities Menu? I would think that if I set it manually via the Machine it would happen according to that priority.

Edited by unDrac86

Share this comment

Changed Status to Fixed

There was a bug with the way the building's priority was being calculated when the building doesn't normally have a priority (like the Printer). Let me know if you still see the problem after today's hotfix!

Share this comment