Duplicants stuck in repeating animation

Moondrake
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

I've been having this problem intermittently but now I've got a game where my dupes simply won't work. They constantly go into a repeating animation where they stand there and don't do anything. I've moved them back and forth but they won't do any of the things I've queued. It looks like they are trying to pick something up over and over again. I've attached a save file where all three of my dupes do it every time the game loads.

Underground Dreamland.sav

Steps to Reproduce
Load the save file and unpause it. Two of the dupes will immediately start picking up nothing and the third will do so immediately after finishing his dig order.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

I've tested your save file, please watch the video from the link below.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KEC0ChAAhTgi2ZlTmtLry0uEoJWPlDjn/view?usp=sharing

Result:

1. This bug will not happen if I start a new game in ONI v291640

2. I loaded your save file and your three duplicants stuck at PICKING UP SANDSTONE (which never happen to my current game version), I cleared all digging tasks and try to dig again everything is fine they're no longer bugged

3. Two of your duplicants WILL NOT sleep during cycle 1 when task is assigned for them (even until cycle 2 ends)

Edited by Calvin Valerian

Share this comment

I have exactly the same issue since two days ago. Some duplicants will not move around, but are stuck in the last animation they did. Manually giving them a movement command makese them move to the position, but once there they are usually not doing anything again. 

It can happen that they are temporarily moving and doing things, only to be stuck again a little while later. 

The issue started around Cycle 185 -- a duplicant died in a tragic hot oil incident, though I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. 

Pigpen.sav

Share this comment

Changed Status to Fixed

@Moondrake,

There was a bug where dupes could get stuck if there is an open Attack order (which there is in your save file, the Hatch burrowed in the piece of Oxylite). There was another bug which prevented already existing attack orders from showing up after save/load.

@silent_death

Another related but different bug was that dupes could get stuck if they needed to mourn a dead dupe, and there was a memorial built but they were unable to reach it for some reason.

All of these bugs should now be fixed, and will go out in the next public preview build (probably today), as well as the next live build update in a few weeks.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment