Duplicants sleeping to their death.

Kokkuri-san
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Linux Pending

Hi there, Maybe it was reported already, but still : I think it would be nice if duplicants without a bed checked by themselves the safety of the place they are when night comes, so that they don't end up sleeping in water or toxic gas. same for narcoleptic people, no real people would actually fall asleep in a place that would kill them, would they ?

Steps to Reproduce
Move a duplicant with no assigned bed to water flooded tile and wait for night.

User Feedback

unfortunately some people will fall asleep uncontrollably, so it would be possible but very rare. As for falling asleep in carbon dioxide that is entirely possible, your body gets less oxygen etc and eventually will pass out anyway

Share this comment

Hi there, Maybe it was reported already, but still : I think it would be nice if duplicants without a bed checked by themselves the safety of the place they are when night comes, so that they don't end up sleeping in water or toxic gas. same for narcoleptic people, no real people would actually fall asleep in a place that would kill them, would they ?

AFAIK Dupes already do this, they'll move to safety before they fall asleep, unless they're narcoleptic. Even if they stay in a hazardous location, they'll move to breathable areas as soon as their oxygen levels get low enough.

Share this comment

On 27/06/2018 at 8:03 PM, watermelen671 said:

AFAIK Dupes already do this, they'll move to safety before they fall asleep, unless they're narcoleptic. Even if they stay in a hazardous location, they'll move to breathable areas as soon as their oxygen levels get low enough.

Yes, and so they do when they are in their bed. But still, at least trying to avoid sleeping in water would prevent them from getting sick, and it's not too much asking from the AI I suppose...

Share this comment

1 hour ago, Kokkuri-san said:

Yes, and so they do when they are in their bed. But still, at least trying to avoid sleeping in water would prevent them from getting sick, and it's not too much asking from the AI I suppose...

Have you seen their AI?

image.png.b6a52adc99bf2337e8d87213c43bf9de.png

Share this comment

On 01/07/2018 at 12:36 AM, watermelen671 said:

Have you seen their AI?

image.png.b6a52adc99bf2337e8d87213c43bf9de.png

I can't argue with that. Anyway, maybe when there is less room for improvement this issue can be addressed...

Share this comment