Duplicants Ignoring Yellow Alerts

flutekiller9001
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

It started in the early game but the duplicants would get stuck in places and I'd use yellow alert to try and save them but most of the time only one person would do anything about it. At that time I had people with special priorities so I thought that was the issue. Later down the line I came to a point where I really needed something done and just needed to swap some vent pipes I already had placed with some insulated ones. My base was boiling and I had no food and at first all 10 of them were doing the large order just fine. But as they started dying and the order got smaller and more detrimental they decided they didn't need to do it. So I made the swap a yellow alert and they still weren't doing it. So I also removed their priorities and made them all the same and they still just ignored the yellow alert and just went right past it. Stocking the gens that were beyond it but just ignoring it. I also remember yellow alert didn't use to force the duplicants to ignore their base instincts of sleep and whatnot and the whole game my duplicants seemed to  be doing that.

Steps to Reproduce

The things I did were build the base and have them get stuck in ways where they end up suffocating and what not. When it came to prioritizing I did that according to where they had positive skills. If their skills were positive I made it a priority for them. I did not ever make it negative for anyone. And anyone with the tidy/supply traits I also made do life support. I was focused on large scale temperature solutions and ran out of oxygen getting the water systems set up which is why the food supply died but I also had no water from the start of the game anyway and ran out after I had made a  move for what I was doing. But I don't know if it was the large scale of everything, the amount of priorities, the fact I may have misused them, or some other thing. 

Player.log Player-prev.log output_log.txt motd_image_data motd_image_version The Ironic Cesspool.sav The Ironic Cesspool Cycle 67.sav The Ironic Cesspool Cycle 58.sav The Ironic Cesspool Cycle 62.sav DxDiag.txt

• Sad Dupe 1

User Feedback

how have you got your priorities set?  9 is soon as possible, so if you've got everything set to 9 then they'll just do the closest task to them. You have to prioritize what you want done in what order. if you set most of the tasks to the default 5 and have a few 9s and 8s then they will do those tasks first.

you can accidentally change the priorities by using the priority tool and selecting everything, the best way to do it is to use the radio buttons on the priorities tool (you can select dig, automation, building etc. instead of all of them)

Also are you sure its not a two tile space somewhere that is stopping them from getting to the yellow priority tasks ? The duplicants can only move or jump across 1 tile wide gaps.

Edited by marsnz

Share this comment

Having this problem as well, dupes won't build some power wire. The top priority task isn't appearing on their to-do list at all, so that seems to explain why the dupes won't do it. Reducing the priority to a number doesn't solve it. It is as if the build order just got thrown into a black hole. 

ETA:  cancelling and remaking the order entirely fixed it.  Turned out I was locally out of copper ore, but the notification flag that usually warns you of this didn't come up.

Edited by Void of Winter
Adding more info after experimenting
  • Like 1

Share this comment

I've had this issue as well, dupes will walk right by something flagged as top/yellow and carry on, but if I cancel the task and set it to 9, they'll do it right away.  It's almost as if setting top/yellow is now akin to setting something below 5.  Just to test that theory, I made sure I had no tasks higher than 6 and reset all dupe priorities then set a sweep to top/yellow.  Let it go for five cycles and the dupes would just run right by it (it had a storage location nearby, so that wasn't the issue) - literally running right across the item.  Canceled the sweep and set it to sweep again with a priority of 9 and the item was swept in about ten seconds.

Share this comment

same here i basicaly cant play while this is going on because they wont bring the oxygen diffusers their algae, i realised it a bit late and now half my base is unbreathable the oxygen will only last 1 or 2 cycles; what ive done :

Set every other priority to 1; Set their prioritys all to standard piority; Sometimes they walk past it (they arent blocked by something); They would rather do the stuff with priority of "1" than "yellow alert"                                                             Priority.thumb.PNG.dadccfcc934cfcfeb890f8ec9f5d1044.PNG

Edited by valyval

Share this comment

2 hours ago, valyval said:

they wont bring the oxygen diffusers their algae

Can the oxygen diffusers work or are they blocked due to "max pressure"/not enough power? Is there any algae to bring? The priority for oxygen diffuser is "life support" iirc. Do you have it higher for some dupes?

Share this comment