Duplicant delivering even though only research and tidy are enabled

Hearts
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

I have a duplicant that insists on delivering.  I've X out all jobs except Research and Tidy.  Yet he continues to pick up items marked for sweep and put them in storage.

image.thumb.png.acdad19405e8e8e5fc318bd0934386b8.png

image.thumb.png.b456ca3a0722a549f52501a44899c404.png

Steps to Reproduce
I marked items for sweep at priority 9 and my dupe responsible for cleaning toilets insisted on sweeping instead of cleaning the outhouses. So I disabled all tasks except tidy and research for the dupe. Dupe continued to sweep. Locking the dupe in the base (away from the sweep items) caused him to clean the toilets. But as soon as I enabled his access on the door he stopped cleaning outhouses and went to sweeping again.

User Feedback

I don't think tidy applies to toilet (it's not mentioned in the tooltip). However, now that you told him sweeping is more important than anything else, he certainly won't disobey :)

Share this comment

8 hours ago, krop said:

I don't think tidy applies to toilet (it's not mentioned in the tooltip). However, now that you told him sweeping is more important than anything else, he certainly won't disobey :)

I honestly have never known what job plunging the toilet has been, but since the dupe did start cleaning the toilet when locked away from what needed to be swept, i think we can assume that plunging the toilet is under tidy as well. As for the actual bug reported, I believe that sweeping and putting stuff in storage is considered a tidy job whenever you specifically mark an item for sweeping, otherwise it would be storage.

Not sure if that's an intentional aspect of the game

Share this comment

11 hours ago, krop said:

It does but it's not clear at all right now. The tooltip only says "Clean" and should actually say "Clean Outhouse", this will be updated in the next hotfix.

@Hearts

The "Tidy" priority does indeed include "Sweep" tasks.

I'm not sure if your dupe should be prioritizing Sweep tasks over cleaning the outhouse though, can you upload a save file that shows this issue?

• Thanks 1

Share this comment