Dupes won't build tiles

paul.kenni
  • Pending

This ended this particular colony, and happened more than once. It occurs when I destroy large sections of floor tile and tried to replace them with either mesh or gaseous exchange tiles. In the screen shot all tiles are set to priority 9 with no other tasks. Earlier, I had dupes standing idle next the the blocks, stressed out because they couldn't move. The materials were delivered and the status said construction pending.

In all cases, there was nothing I could do to get the dupes to build the tiles even though they were walking over the area  and had the resources to do so.

20170224151215_1.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
destroy ordinary tiles and replace with mesh or gaseous membrane tiles

User Feedback

Confirmed. I got the same bug. Sometimes, save and reload fix it. (But It will happen again so you have to reload a lot). Also, dupes won't sweep the materials lying on the grounds no matter what.

Share this comment

UPDATE to this - I have noticed that the problem sometimes goes away if I place one tile order at a time (its not an issue of them being able to reach the tile though, there is always ladder access), or if i cancel and replace the order. I also have noticed that the scheduled blocks read as -31C.

Edited by paul.kenni

Share this comment