Dupes stuck in loops. (2 Reports)

CantBreathe
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

1. Duplicants will stutter in place, their tooltip shows they are doing a job but they stand there jittering until their shift prompts them to switch tasks. This happens with many different tasks.

2. Duplicants who are starving and also need to relieve themselves will go to the toilet, get half-way through using it and run to eat food. Half way through they will stop pathing to food and try to use the toilet..

Abode.sav

Steps to Reproduce
During general gameplay, dupes will travel to work sites and stand in place spastically.

User Feedback

Thank you Brook, 

My toilets are configured in that erroneous manner. That should solve the issue!

However that second issue is not nearly as frustrating as the first. I am several hours into this save and the duplicants will stop in place, make a weird pose animation and shake rapidly. This occurs in many tasks from digging, research, showering, etc. Please let me know if you are aware of this issue or if I need to create a video example.

Thank you so much for your support!

Edited by CantBreathe

Share this comment

I also have this same problem.  Mine started two updates ago at which point I have not been able to start a new game without it continuing to happen.

Currently my guys can't get to the 5th cycle without glitching out trying to pick up something like sandstone and just jerking back and forth standing in place.  I have to physically move them to get them out of it.  This bug makes it so hard to get far in the game because at some point you miss one and then they piss in your water supply.   It is just also hard to keep up with.

I hope they fix this one soon because you really can't play this game with this bug.  I have uninstalled the game and reinstalled it with the same issue.

Share this comment

@CantBreathe and @c0wt1pper save files that reproduce the stuttering would be greatly appreciated. These kind of issues tend to only show up in certain base configurations at certain times so knowing what your circumstance was will help us track it down. Thanks!

Share this comment

@Ipsquiggle I started a new game today and saved it right when it started happening.  I am not sure how to get the file here.  If you can point me to something that describes how to get the file you need I am more than happy to assist.

Edited by c0wt1pper

Share this comment

The issue I was having does not seem to be present in my new save file. Both issues may have been caused by the issue you mentioned Brook.

I did encounter a similar bug in this file though, one of my dupes was mining the same tile of ice extremely rapidly, as if the ice was respawning and being mined instantly.

You guys are the best!

Share this comment