Dupe's morale expectations won't lower with job change

Geschinta
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Closed

I had a dupe who was getting stressed from being a tenured scientist, so I lowered them to a regular scientist. Their morale expectation stayed at 20 (I checked, they had indeed switched jobs). I even made them become unemployeed and the morale expectation still wouldn't change. Saved and reloaded the game, expectation still 20. Tried re-employing them in another job, still 20. I guess this dupe is permanently depressed. They were on tentured scientist before and I switched jobs when they got stressed before with no problem, and I haven't had this issue with other dupes switching to jobs with lower morale expectations. This dupe did, however, just master tentured scientist if that has any bearing on it.

I reassigned several other dupes to lower morale expectation jobs at the same time I switched this one, and all of the others changed their morales fine.

Steps to Reproduce
Assigned dupe to tenured scientist, then assigned to regular scientist.

User Feedback

Did the other dupes change the job itself? (for example from supply to cook or so)

Your scientist stayed in the field so imagine being a like a famous chef and then be demoted to a dishwasher. You wouldn't be happy because you have those really great skills and now you do the boring stuff again. 

This has been reported here before maybe I can find it. 

Here it is 

Share this comment

2 hours ago, Enno said:

Did the other dupes change the job itself? (for example from supply to cook or so)

Your scientist stayed in the field so imagine being a like a famous chef and then be demoted to a dishwasher. You wouldn't be happy because you have those really great skills and now you do the boring stuff again. 

This has been reported here before maybe I can find it. 

Here it is 

I didn't realize there was another post. This was with a file that was started post-upgrade though. The other dupes all stayed in their fields as well. I even tried switching the stuck dupe to other job lines (this dupe also was a good plumber and likes to tidy) but with no luck.

Share this comment

The morale expectation is set to the highest mastered job. If your dupe mastered the tenured scientist, his expectation will stay at 20 forever. You can't lower it.

It has been like that for over a year (before it was tier of food and decor but stress was easier to manage). Maybe the warning is not well shown and should be be shown the first time you assign a job or something.

Share this comment

Changed Status to Closed

Job expectations are determined by their highest "mastered" job, not their current job assignment.

We know this isn't as clear as it could be, and will be looking at ways of displaying this better in the future.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment