Apologies for the dump here, but I've kept a running log of issues I've been running into as I've played. I looked through the known bugs pages and deleted overlap that I noticed. I would generally prefer to post things separately but these are a ton of very minor bugs that I don't think warrant individual posts. If there's a more helpful way to arrange this info/different place to post let me know.
Disclaimer: I only had been playing ONI for a few days before this expressive upgrade came out, so some of the bugs I’m noting here may have existed prior to the upgrade
Either a confusing mechanic or a bug:
· The morale bonus from décor seems random at times. A spot with 100+ décor may give a mediocre buff one day, then a charming buff, then a gorgeous, while the barracks with 200+ décor will only give a poor or mediocre bonus (nothing negative in the area to affect the total décor score). It seems like this may be room size related
· It seems like dupes get a décor buff each morning from their surrounding décor. If this is intended, it should be changed for dupes who sleep at different times, as this makes it so my night owl dupes (who are working when the buff is assigned, rather than in their pretty barracks) always have lower morale. Maybe adjust so the buff is applied whenever they wake up?
General, major bugs: None that aren’t known already! But that difficulty with having dupes do tasks underwater thing seems like it should have been fixed by now.
General, minor bug fixes:
· (definitely from before upgrade) Some (many) of the links to the database entries are broken. They are typically links from info menus to the data base directly, not ones in the data base linking to other database pages
· (definitely from before upgrade) When loading up a game, if paused, everything will show as disconnected to power/piping and sometimes (if loading the save for the first time since starting up the game itself) dupes will all be out of bed if they were asleep when the save occurred. When unpausing everything fixes itself in a moment.
· (definitely from before upgrade) It often takes dupes several cycles to realize that a mess table exists and they can eat at it, even though it is very close to the food storage and they assigned themselves to it.
· If you save and quit the game when dupes are walking to the bathroom, upon reload there will be a message for each dupe trying to reach a bathroom saying that the bathroom trying to be reached is out of order. The dupes will still proceed toward the bathroom as normal and the message will disappear after they’re done using it (I’ve only seen this with lavatories, I don’t know if this also occurs with outhouses)
· Dupes will socialize/chat in unbreathable air/water. This seems like a poor use of their oxygen
· I had a dupe that was losing stamina while she slept on her cot (only occurred once, was fixed by waking her and having her go back to bed)
· Sometimes dupes will “rubberband” like they’re lagging. This often occurs when going between 2 ladders/2 ladders are next to each other (or the dupe is suffocating, but that may just be because those 2 occurrences often happen together for me).
· (definitely from before upgrade) critters get the confined debuff when standing in an open door way, that they can freely walk out of (door is set to ‘open’)
· Digging up a plant at full growth doesn’t yield their harvest (may not be a bug, but it seems like it should work this way and it works this way in Don’t Starve)
· Bubbles’ sprite has issues. When she has a job her buns move down to make room for the hat (as they should) but when she is eating, if she has a job/is wearing a hat, her buns will be both up and down, making her have 4 instead of 2.
· Some dupes don’t hold their ‘guns’ when performing an action, though they will still do the action (it may also be my imagination, but it seems like they do the job slower like this)
· Occasionally when digging up a buried tile, the cracks from the buried tile stay after the tile has been dug. Hovering over it just tells you normal information about the air and doesn’t seem to acknowledge that the cracks are there.
· When dupes are waiting for a door to open, sometimes hatches will walk right through. For manual airlocks that you can’t see through, dupes will also sometimes talk to the person on the other side while the door is still closed (but in the process of opening)
· When clicking on an alert (like ‘no resources available for farm tile’) it will often not center correctly on the thing in question, and just pan the screen to a spot somewhat close (the thing in question, for example the farm tile, could be in the bottom right corner or elsewhere. Position is seemingly random)
· Right before a hatch moves to a new block (sometimes with dreko and I assume other creatures, but not as often) if pausing and trying to click on them there is literally no way to click on them (multiple clicks and moving the mouse around to try to get them to show as clickable doesn’t help). This is a very consistent issue, but very minor and the game can be unpaused for half a second to fix it.
· There is a long delay between killing a creature and it actually showing as dead (like 5 seconds sometimes, when nothing else is lagging at all). Also a long delay between wrangling/showing the critter as wrangled (but less long)
· Some shearing station animations still not working (particularly when a rancher is at the station calling the dreko, they just stand there frozen. Seems to happen consistently. Only started happening after expression upgrade)
· During one game I had, very early on, I suddenly had a DECIMAL amount of mealwood seeds. 0.35423 to be exact. This continued through the entire game. The only reason I could think of is I ordered them to be composed (although I canceled the order and it was never done) so it composted PART, but this seems like a strange reason.
· Sometimes dupes will say they are chilly/in chilly surroundings even when nothing around them is cold, they are not wet, and there is no water near them
· The watercooler/jukebot (and probably arcade machine/espresso machine, but I haven’t built those yet) have messages saying they’re outside a rec room when they’re in a great hall. It seems odd that they’re required for a great hall but there’s a message given that makes the player feel like they don’t belong in there.
· The ‘no researcher assigned’ alert doesn’t go away once you assign a researcher until saving and reloading the game. Similarly, you can set pipes to be emptied before you have set a plumber, but the “colony lacks plumbers” message doesn’t disappear over the piping until a piece of piping is touched by a plumber attempting to empty it (but only that one piece)
· Not sure whether a bug or not, but food listed as “great” quality giving +4 morale shows +12 morale on the dupe’s info menu once eaten
· The ‘unequipt clothing’ option is available before a dupe has even put on clothes yet, but are assigned to. It does nothing when clicked
· If a dupe is told to plant a seed in a flower pot their action is labeled as “going to harvest”
· On hover over, when my baby hatches are eating it will say they’re sleeping
· Rarely the room overlay will give the incorrect amount of room tiles (even though every tile in the room is lit up as if it’s included in the count)
· It is possible to disable paintings. Doing so does nothing (doesn’t get rid of décor buff) and makes no sense.
Sandbox mode bugs:
· When placing something with instant build enabled, sometimes only the outline will be placed (like in non-sandbox mode, the ‘build it here’ outline). If you try it again it will actually place it, but the outline will remain and you cannot cancel it to get rid of it. The only way it will go away is if you save and reload.
· When unlocking sandbox mod mid-game, the printing pod timer resets