Dupes foolishly waste carrying capacity

psusi
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Linux Pending

I've been watching my puft ranch and dupes keep going in and picking up one or two piles of slime on the ground and running off to deliver it to storage even though there are more piles right there they could pick up.  They end up making long runs to storage with only 1-3kg of slime when they can carry over 1000kg.

Steps to Reproduce

User Feedback

Auto sweepers do the same thing. They'll load up a receptacle with 900kgs and then as that slowly unloads they keep topping it off with 60-80 at a time. For the same amount of power.

But as far as it goes for yours I would assume that you have a storage priority somewhere and as the puft creates the slime and the dupes go and pick it up. That's all there is so that's all they can pick up. Try installing an autosweeper and a storage compactor. Will save you more time if you put in more shipping.

Share this comment

8 hours ago, scaldinghotcarl said:

But as far as it goes for yours I would assume that you have a storage priority somewhere and as the puft creates the slime and the dupes go and pick it up. That's all there is so that's all they can pick up.

No, I'm saying that there *is* more sitting there to pick up and they don't do so.  They go drop it off and then come back for the other pile.  Sometimes they even pick up one far pile, and have to walk right past two or three other piles on the way out.

Share this comment

I watch it happen consistently also. The behavior is typical. Not correct. But predictable. Egg shells, sweeping meal-lice, etc.

Share this comment