dupes don"t do possible tasks under water

maxwellardy
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

If you move the dupe to the area under water suddenly they can work on that task.

Steps to Reproduce
simply make an encased water reservoir in tiles except for the side of the water far away from the ladder and have a ladder next to a pitcher pump then move the dupe to where he was not able to go before

User Feedback

It's normal, if your duplicant don't have an atmo suit. ;)

They don't like to walk underwater too far.

Share this comment

This was a problem for me when I had an angled 45 degree walkway that had water running down it, even though it would have been only Soggy Feet, they didn't path through it far enough to get home.

Rather than them just stopping, maybe additional debuffs from spending too much time under liquid would be good

Share this comment

I guess this serves to prevent them from getting into places they cannot get out again. Move distance under water seems to be 8 tiles and you can manually get them farther, but they may not be able to get out again. I don't think this is a bug.

Edited by Gurgel

Share this comment

yah this is normal the standard debuff for too long under water is death the dupes reallllly dont like that debuff. if they are stuck and have a route out but cant path you can manually lead them out but you have to use short path distances to get them to go. the icon will go white if you can make it to that spot. you may have to pause it to go further as they will probably run back unless the spot you got them to gives them a better route

Share this comment