Sign in to follow this  

Dupes are putting on exo suits to perform "catch breath"

brucemo
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Pending

I don't have a screen shot but it's kind of ridiculous sometimes and it's pretty easy to repro, you just set up an exo suit area whose entrance is in a CO2 pit. The dupes will arrive at the exo suits in a state of low breath and sometimes weird stuff happens.

If a dupe needs to catch breath, it doesn't take into account that it's wearing an exo suit that's full of oxygen.

I just watched one that obviously needed to catch breath run and put on an exo suit, then go through a water lock, then catch its breath in what was beyond the water lock, which was a place where an exo suit should be necessary.

If a dupe is wearing an exo suit this should obviate the need to catch breath. A dupe shouldn't put on an exo suit in order to get to a place where it can catch breath.

As it stands now they are putting on a protective atmo suit in order to get to a place where they can breathe a bunch of germs, *beyond* an atmo suit checkpoint. I don't know if they are exhaling CO2 but if so that is bad, since one of the points of exo suits is that you can isolate gas environments.

Steps to Reproduce
See description.

This issue has not been confirmed by a developer yet.

Report Bug
Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

They do not appear to exhale CO2 while performing this behavior, so this is mostly a cosmetic issue.

Edited by brucemo
Additional thought.

Share this comment