Dupes acting as thought they aren't wearing an exosuit

Daikataro
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Steam Pending

So, gave oil update a spin, and tried to dig up one of the oily biomes, so I built a healthy amount of exosuits, and let dupes go to town. Problem is, they're acting exactly like they would, were they not insulated, they go in, dig up one or two patches, then dash back out. The exosuits are working perfectly, the oxygen tank depletes as it should and, if I lock down the access door, trapping the dupes, they actually perform what they're supposed to do, i.e. they dig and build non-stop, without dashing in and out. I even left them there overnight, and they just slept on the floor, but didn't get hurt or experience any oxygen deprivation, or made a mess.

Check attached savefile for easier pinpointing.

Hip Rat's Nest Cycle 99.sav

Steps to Reproduce
Load file, watch dupes dig the oily patch normally, then close down one of the doors with dupes still in, watch them build non-stop without getting hurt.

User Feedback

sounds like there's a priority related problem - I would set everything beyond the checkpoint as a higher priority than the usual 5. Kind of hard to remember doing this, but if you have enough dupes to run everything just fine in the base, then a small number working outside on higher priority shouldn't interfere with critical tasks. It could all be made a 9 and you're really only delegating as many dupes to the task as there are exosuits.

Share this comment

I haven't had them act differently because of heat while wearing exosuits, but it bothers me that they still complain about heat in 100° environments while wearing their suits (I know it doesn't affect them in any way, but it breaks the immersion a little bit).
20170926224509_1.thumb.jpg.8fd5ab82a5d0d9f6e92a54add4272341.jpg

Edited by Michi01

Share this comment

I actually set the priority of all dig and build tasks beyond the checkpoint to 9, and dupes were still just hopping in, digging 1 or 2 patches at a time, then dashing out. To get any work done in the oil biome, I have to set door to one-way only, and let them there overnight.

Share this comment