Dupe with infnite "eating" status

Sasza22
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

hunbug.thumb.png.b6fa09fdfc0e11e7fdaa06049c4e29b9.png

A dupe can get infinite "eating" status giving him +30000 calories per cycle. It makes him stay on max calories forever and not get any food or great hall bonuses and stress a lot. Seems to happen randomly. Saving and loading fixes that. Annoying as you need to keep track of it or risk stress problems later in the game. Could be exploitable eraly game as well.

Steps to Reproduce
Happened 2 times for me already but i can`t reliably reproduce it. It`s pretty random.
  • Haha 1

User Feedback

I'm thinking it is related to the Binge Eater trait. Is your duplicant also a Binge Eater?

Same issue here:

and here:

Share this comment

I left ONI running overnight (alt-tabbed out and then forgot; went to bed), and had this happen to two duplicants. One vomiter, one binge eater. No clue what caused it, either.

Share this comment

On 12.01.2019 at 3:28 PM, yoakenashi said:

Is your duplicant also a Binge Eater?

Checked the last one it happened to and yes she was a binge eater. I don`t remember who were the other two right now but i`ll keep an eye on it next time ti happens.

Share this comment

Attaching gold - I mean - a save file where the bug is repeatable! Yay!

Keep an eye on Bubbles. She will go through a few cycles of insatiable hunger (the debuff duplicants receive when they are a binge eater and reach 100% stress). At least one of those instances will cause the eating 'buff' to stay, and she'll end up with 2. Once she's back to 60% stress, she'll still have one of the 'eating' buffs.

Deadly Tragedy.sav

output_log.txt

DxDiag.txt

Edited by yoakenashi
Attaching files

Share this comment

On 1/12/2019 at 9:28 AM, yoakenashi said:

Is your duplicant also a Binge Eater?

This status happens when a stressed binge eater steals food directly from another eating duplicant, thus preventing them from ever finishing their meal. Caught one on the act today. I've had difficulties to reliably get one to interrupt another duplicant though. They might need to eat while starving.

Oasisse Cycle 8.sav

Share this comment