Dupe dance of death is back

avc15
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

This bug has shown up in various forms over the course of development. This time it seems different in that it can occur either before or afer the dupe becomes incapacitated.

It's fairly unpredictable when exactly it will occur but it's bound to if you're sending your dupes into extreme environments with only a sweater for protection.

ren.gif.e88e5e4190afd7e5371fcfa30955242d.gif

Ren, climb up. Ren. Ren!

Optimistic Laboratory Cycle 731.sav

Steps to Reproduce
Load this save and let cycle 731 play out a few times, it will eventually happen.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

I registered especially for this post, because this problem destroys the fun of the game.

I can confirm that this is happening, and I have it in my current colony too. My cook is in a kind of permanent epileptic seizure and only if I move him manually with the Move command does he walk normally.

I guess he'll pee on everything soon and then starve to death. That's extremely annoying. Please fix the problem.

Edited by Daniel75

Share this comment

Changed Status to Fixed

@avc15 I have fixed the problem where dupes would get stuck if they were incapacitated near the bottom of a ladder (as in your gif). It was a very specific problem, so it's possible they still get stuck in other situations. Please post any more bugs of this sort that you find! :) 

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

@Ipsquiggle thanks! you'll notice that in the specific gif I posted, Ren was not incapacitated.

If you reload a couple times and let it run a few cycles you might see my specific outcome too.

Share this comment

@avc15, yeah I think we're looking at the same issue; it was the dupe dancing at the bottom of a ladder or pole after their HP or breath ran out but not actually completing the incapacitation when they should be. 

I'll run the save some more though and see if I can get any other issues to show up on my end. Thanks!

• Thanks 1

Share this comment