Domestic Wheezewort won't stop working w/o fertilizer

gotnoface
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

There is a few hundred mcg of phosphorite left in the farm tile and it will never run out as it no longer consumes the last few bits of it. It possibly makes the wheezewort run on a single delivery of 12 kg of phosphorite virtually forever as long as you ensure that there are no further deliveries.

I am using a few aesthetic and ui mods in the picture, but the behavior stays the same once those are turned off.

EDIT: After several game reloads, the status of wheezeworts finally updated and they stopped working. But after another fertilizer batch, the bug resurfaced. Which still means the player affected by this can knowingly on unknowingly exploit this. The fact that it can go away by itself after some time makes this a minor issue though.

wheeze.thumb.png.88c878a43f00e3619185e345db44c7b8.png

Steps to Reproduce
Fertilize Wheezewort once by autosweeper or dupe. Block the entrance or stop the fertilizer delivery. Wait 3 cycles until the fertilizer should run out.

User Feedback

if you look, the WW is "consuming vacuum"... that is, its not working. this seems to have been introduced in the last patch and requires you to uproot and replant each time you load, else the WW do nothing.. just sit there looking like they work

Share this comment

I'm very sure that what you say is not true. For the science's sake I did a blank experiment with 4 wheezeworts. One fertilized replanted after load, one fertilized not replanted after load, one wild not replanted and one with the bug described above. All of them work at the expected percentages regardless of whether they show "consuming vacuum" or not. They work.

Still this experiment was kind of pointless cause those two bugged wheezeworts I showed in the image were discovered when they froze the room, but should've stopped working long time ago, cause the feeding sweeper was put under automation. That's how I discovered the bug in the first place.

Edited by gotnoface

Share this comment

You're right. But it's not a neverlasting state.

20190917052623_1.thumb.jpg.40b4afc23f169f6ba5643888c2d4a43d.jpg

On this screen, the wheeze still function, but the first in the row was also functionning few seconds before.

I guess it's because the wheeze wort continue to chill the gas already stored. Once it's all consumed, the wheeze wort stop functionning.

Hygiea.sav

Edited by Gwido

Share this comment

Wheezeworts have the class ElementConsumer which when set to SimHash.Vacuum (and some other requirements) will absorb all gases. It probably shouldn't display this, as it might be confusing. In any case, the vacuum element has nothing to do with the described bug.

Share this comment

The state on those wheezes in my picture withstood three game sessions so far, haven't fertilized them again yet. Still stuck at some 174mcg of phosphorite in the farm tile and they function too well.... froze the generators again.

Share this comment

hmmm.. interesting.. on one of my worlds they did this but i only noticed because the area became hot due to them (seemingly) not working.. i dont have any atm to check ):

Share this comment