Disobidient duplicants

psusi
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Linux Fixed

I have a cool steam geyser a bit off to the left of my base with a water pump in it to send the water over to my SPOM.  Duplicates have been ignoring the hamster wheel over there for some time, leading to my SPOM running out of water.  I raised the priority to 9, boosted everyone's priority to ++ for operate, and they still won't go over there and get the water pump running again.  When I click on duplicates and try to ORDER them to move over to that area, the move command does not work.  Clicking anywhere over there to order them to move simply cancels the move cursor without making them move over there.

The Radioactive Panopticon.sav

Steps to Reproduce

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Argh... nevermind... I figured it out.  I had a pocket of polluted oxygen on the way over so I built a tile and a deoderizer to get rid of it, and that made that area unreachable.  Still, when ORDERING dupes to move over there it should tell you it is unreachable instead of simply ignoring you.

Share this comment

1 hour ago, Brook said:

Changed Status to Closed

So I guess that's a no to getting some feedback when you try to order a dupe to somewhere that is unreachable?

Share this comment

The "move" cursor should turn red if the location is inaccessible. But agreed, a sound or additional visual indicator could also help!

Share this comment

21 hours ago, Brook said:

The "move" cursor should turn red if the location is inaccessible. But agreed, a sound or additional visual indicator could also help!

Yea, any sort of "you dummy, I can't get there" would have prompted me to figure it out much sooner instead of getting more and more frustrated at being flagrantly ignored.  I think I finally did figure it out by trying to move them progressively closer and closer and then finally noticed the subtle change in cursor color.

Share this comment

14 hours ago, psusi said:

Yea, any sort of "you dummy, I can't get there" would have prompted me to figure it out much sooner instead of getting more and more frustrated at being flagrantly ignored.  I think I finally did figure it out by trying to move them progressively closer and closer and then finally noticed the subtle change in cursor color.

You can also use the check navigation on a dupe to see how far they can reach

Share this comment

On 2018-08-22 at 10:55 AM, psusi said:

A few changes have been made to the Move To tool to make it more obvious when it's failing.

Share this comment