dismantle door spawns 400kgs extra metal.

MythN7
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

i have had this happen more than once, not sure why it happens.

here's a set of shots of my systems, there is no fluid lines to show.

I built a copper mech airlock so I could open and close the floor to let stray gas get to the pump.

But I forgot to check if it was on a power line and it also ended up being on my batterys automation line as well, so it was blinking open and close non stop.

Upon taking it apart, it spawned in 2 raw copper tile blocks you can mine at 200kgs each.  ok so 400, same as the door, no issue.

but on the left block it spawned, it also dropped 400kgs of copper from the door being taken apart, so I just generated 400kgs of copper out of nothing somehow.

doing it again does not always produce the result, so not sure the cause.

have had this happen taking apart doors in the past, usualy only when in the horz orientation.

20180402091111_1.jpg

20180402091132_1.jpg

20180402091136_1.jpg

20180402091142_1.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
not 100% sure, but put screenshots of my setup and what it was i was doing at the time it happened in the description.
  • Like 1

User Feedback

People claim this only happens from using debug mode, but I had this happen last night. I had a line of 7 iron mechanical airlocks, disassembled 3 of them and one of them replaced itself with 400kg of iron ore.

Share this comment

This may be related, I've seen something similar happen when a building overheats to the point of actually melting the base material, it will deconstruct itself and leave a block of ore of its base material. This is easy to demonstrate with a thermo-aquatuner being used in open air, when it melts down.

Perhaps when a building is deconstructed by a duplicant, the game has a bug where it thinks the building was destroyed by the wrong method, and leaves ore behind? Just my theory based on observation.

Share this comment