Dig Stuck at 100%

99redragons
  • Known Issue

Seemingly random blocks will become stuck at 99/100% excavated and then a dupe will continue to dig the empty space forever. Block will visually be gone, but functionally there (dupes will climb over it, can't build there) 

Fixed by reloading save, but comes back in a new instance inevitably.

EDIT: same as "Invisible block bug"

Steps to Reproduce
Dig blocks, random (?) chance
  • Like 1

User Feedback

I just got one of these from something buried under a copper rock.  Water was flowing down on it, causing it to erode, which I think might explain my issue.  The rock eventually disappeared but the block was still stuck with the symbol for the buried item, and dupes could still climb on it (it had rocks from other layers on top of it) but it was stuck at 99%.

Share this comment

I had the same problem, some blocks would be stuck at 100%.  The material dropped by the block would sometimes become stuck in midair, and even when the digging/construction at that block was cancelled and initiated again, the same problem still occurs.

Share this comment

I have the exact same problem, and it's super annoying. Every 5 - 10 cycles, there'll be a block stuck at 100%, and it makes a duplicant occupied until I notice it. Luckily the issue doesn't persist in the save file, so reloading the saved game would clear the block and the dig order.

The issue seems to be a race condition between the finishing of digging and the emptying of the block. Please synchronize them! If I have access to the source code I would just go in and fix it... So annoying.

Share this comment