Destructive Dupes only destroying one object, then never destroying anything else

Ventus976
  • Pending

I had my destructive dupes only destroy my manual generator. Once it was broken, they'd go back to their tasks while remaining stressed. Not sure if this is intended.

More importantly, if it was left broken, other dupes becoming stressed wouldn't break anything and would stay on task.

I continued for a while after the bug was produced. I'm not sure if this will affect how useful the log file is.

Steps to Reproduce
Have a destructive dupe become stressed, wait for them to destroy the object, and leave it unrepaired. Destructive dupes will no longer destroy anything when stressed after that.
  • Like 1

User Feedback

I tested 'destruction' a bunch last night. The trend you describe was true for me too - the problem I had was was all my dupes have the destructive trait and they consistently had a pattern of destroying the same two machines. If I hadn't repaired either of these they might move on to two more batteries I had. If all of these 4 objects were destroyed they stopped even though there are tons of other objects to destroy. If feel like they were assigned to 2 objects and if those were broken they stopped.

Share this comment

2 hours ago, Hexicube said:

Destructive Duplicants appear to only destroy small batteries and manual generators, nothing else.

+ the algae oxygen generator thing. It is really weird.

Share this comment

can confirm same behaviour for me - first they destroy algae gens, then small batteries, but not much else, although they would go and destroy all of them, not only 2, but only those 2 types of buildings 90% of times

Share this comment

I can mostly confirm with what people said here. I didn't have any small batteries for them to destroy and I only had one manual generator.

Share this comment