Critter Feeder bug (unchosen options ticked when reopening dialog)

marsnz
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Windows 10
ONI live branch

When selecting the Critter Feeder, and selecting Shine Bug and Shine Nymph only. i get an issue where when the Critter Feeder dialog is closed and reopened; other options are selected and the Critter Feeder is stocked with items from those "unchosen" items. Attempting to remove the "unchosen" options results in the Critter Feeder being reset (no options selected) as displayed in the screenshot.

oni_critter_feeder_bug.png

Steps to Reproduce
Build Critter Feeder, Select Shine Bug and Shine Nymph only. Close and re-open the Critter Feeder dialog; other options are selected which you did not choose. Attempt to deselect options other than Shine Bug and Shine Nymph, close dialog and re-open; all options unselected.

User Feedback

That's because they made a weird design choice.

If you pick food the shine bugs eat that are shared with other critters (bristle berries, etc) it will tick ALL the boxes for that specific one.

Just keep those out of your stables by configuring the critter dropoff and enable auto wrangling (that is, if they are roaming into the wrong rooms).

It won't effect who is marked to enter/stay in that room, just who can eat from it.

Share this comment

On ‎20‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 12:57 AM, tommytom2k2 said:

That's because they made a weird design choice.

If you pick food the shine bugs eat that are shared with other critters (bristle berries, etc) it will tick ALL the boxes for that specific one.

Just keep those out of your stables by configuring the critter dropoff and enable auto wrangling (that is, if they are roaming into the wrong rooms).

It won't effect who is marked to enter/stay in that room, just who can eat from it.

hey guys bit new here, I have a similar issue except I am trying to select specific typed of food to feed the critters as iron ore and bbq n others like it are a highly used resource so I don't want them checked but when I uncheck them I notice when I go back in that it is checked I have 1 feeder  set for hatches nothing else any ideas on how to fix this would be great kinda addicted to this game lol. I thought I better note I have separate rooms for each critter I want to have 

Edited by cheekyaussie

Share this comment

The thing is it fills up the feeder with the wrong stuff, especially stuff I'd like to use for other purposes.

I too would like to get this fixed. This selection of all critters based on food should be pushed into another menu as it's not a bad idea, but should not be a default choice when making selections and the feeder should definitely not be selecting alternative foods for these auto-added critters.

Edited by Sedivy

Share this comment