Critter Egg counter reaches 100% but eggs not laid

Pyrrus
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Critter reproduction stalls at 100% for a long time or indefinitely. A few eggs are still laid here and there but not at a consistent or predictable rate. (Re)Loading the map removes this bug temporarily but only briefly, resulting in a surge of eggs right at load.

I should note that my map is running at what is likely the limits of the game (100+ dupes, 250+ critters, and an absurd amount of piping and machinery) so it may simply be due to performance limits. However, I have only noticed this problem recently within the last 1 or 2 patches (this last week).

Other notes:

The game (on this map) had gotten quite unstable until I disabled the windows page file and ran it entirely in memory. I tend to reload when the game reaches 11-12 GB memory load because the game seems to slowly increase it's load as playtime goes on. I've attached a CPU-z report for the system specs but the summary is Intel Core i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz, 16GB DDR3 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti (2GB Vid RAM)

Let me know if further details are needed.

The Suave Spaceprison.sav

DESKTOP-9807HQH.html

Steps to Reproduce
Load map and wait?
  • Like 1

User Feedback

I can confirm it's not a performance issue, as I can get this to regularly occur in early bases.  It particularly happens when an egg won't finish maturization in a ration box or a fridge.  Flipped them to 'no entries' to kick them out and then re-inserting them can also get them to generate properly.

Share this comment

Ah, apologies if I was vague. I'm talking about the critters themselves not laying any eggs upon their reproduction counter reaching 100% not the eggs not hatching after reaching 100% incubation. Though I have encountered the incubation bug as well, if somewhat sporadically and not recently. Unless you mean the two bugs are related/linked?

5b0dccf5ceff7_Noegglaying.png.70cf316a672585255ad034104548e4de.png

Edited by Pyrrus
Added Picture

Share this comment

7 hours ago, Pyrrus said:

Ah, apologies if I was vague. I'm talking about the critters themselves not laying any eggs upon their reproduction counter reaching 100% not the eggs not hatching after reaching 100% incubation. Though I have encountered the incubation bug as well, if somewhat sporadically and not recently. Unless you mean the two bugs are related/linked

No, sorry, not related.  What you're describing should only happen if they've hit the pop limit for the ranch and they're stuck in 'expecting' mode, which is very red, loud, and in the status of the creature.

However, if this is happening for your slicksters specifically, there's a few bugs around them getting stuck 'mid-breath' when they're hungry.  If it's for slicksters only, it *might* be related to that group of bugs.  This includes Slicksters not aging/reaching adulthood properly among other concerns.  I don't the know the specifics offhand, sorry.

Share this comment

it may also be related to a sound fix ... because as i see one of these fixes limits the number of active critters... so some will simply do nothing if you have too many

Share this comment