Crashing on startup

dleefeaver87
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Fixed

I get an error when launching the game (see screenshot). I'm unable to click on any of the buttons as they seem unresponsive overall (no highlight when the mouse moves over them). I have no mods installed and deactivating the DLC allows me to launch the Vanilla game without the error.

Is there any fix for this? I have tried everything uninstalling and reinstalling, deleting everything and nothing work unless i disable spaced out. I haven't been able to play in a week.

ONI_Error.thumb.jpg.936886dc1ba25988d3a57809541a446f.jpg

Player.log

Steps to Reproduce

Just loading up the game with spaced out downloaded

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

I have had the same issue since late December and have no success getting any help with this, sad to say. 

Share this comment

i delete all mods and problem not disappear 

I erased all mods from selected steam, so that they do installed again automatically

and now does not turn on at all
even the game doesn't start loading
the "KLEI" logo appears and turns off 

no DLC  no vanilla doesn't start loading

my folder with mods its empty 

Capture.JPG

Edited by jonius

Share this comment

Changed Status to Fixed

This has been fixed in the Spaced Out public testing branch, which is going live tomorrow. We will also be applying this fix to the base game.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

40 minutes ago, dleefeaver87 said:

@EricKlei So do i have to wait for an update? cause this is not fixed i still cannot play

can you post your new player.log with latest update? that player,log what you currently have, have  soo many errors that maybe they fix some but not all.

but you should really not use any mods as they may crash game even if they disabled

Edited by gabberworld

Share this comment

1 hour ago, gabberworld said:

can you post your new player.log with latest update? that player,log what you currently have, have  soo many errors that maybe they fix some but not all.

but you should really not use any mods as they may crash game even if they disabled

In this case it was an issue in our modding system code. Often the first error will cascade into others.

Glad to hear it worked for you @dleefeaver87 and thanks for bearing with us. The build is also live on the Spaced Out default branch (selecting "none" in Steam). We also patched this in the base game

• Thanks 2

Share this comment