Crash when entering temporal tear

orrenson
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

Game crashes whenever trying to send a dup through the temporal tear.  I get the confirmation window, but once the cutscene kicks in, the game crashes.  Tried a fresh restart, tried loading a previous save, all lead to the same result.  Over 1000 cycles in with no mods.  I did turn in a crash report every time it happened  What a bummer.  :(

Is there a way to bypass that endgame cutscene so I continue to play the game?  

Steps to Reproduce

Send a duplicate through the temporal tear.  Game will crash as soon as cutscene starts.  I would upload the game file but it's too big for the forum.  Please expand size restriction and I'll be happy to provide the file.  It's 10.3 mb.  

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

The uploaded player file seems to load a couple of mods, are there any of the mod building in the rocket? and are these mods up to date?

Share this comment

Changed Status to Fixed

You can bypass the crash by sending a rocket without a Drillcone or click the Enter the Temporal Tear button before unpausing after loading the save.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

On 12/10/2021 at 7:01 PM, EricKlei said:

Changed Status to Fixed

You can bypass the crash by sending a rocket without a Drillcone or click the Enter the Temporal Tear button before unpausing after loading the save.

I tried 'click the Enter the Temporal Tear button before unpausing after loading the save.', but game still crashes.
I reported my issue separately with the log file here.

Share this comment

Thanks for letting me know the workaround doesn't always work. It will be properly fixed in the next update.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment