Conveyor rail not merging sources as expected

yoakenashi
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

I have 3 input lines and 1 output line at a conveyor rail junction. Input 1 (top) alternates, input 2 (right) is blocked, and input 3 (bottom) has nothing in it. This results in the output (left) only working at 50% capacity. If this operated like liquid or gas pipes, the 3 inputs would alternate - and since the third input is empty the result would be inputs 1 and 2 alternate and output would be 100% utilized.

20200215120436_1.thumb.jpg.cc1bd4218f19aceeb28e43dda65acf65.jpg

I have also taken a short video to show the behavior in motion.

2020-02-15 11-55-20.mkv

Note that before I filled the upper line with material, the right line was alternating even though the upper and lower inputs were empty.

Serene Oblivion.sav

Steps to Reproduce
Build a 3 input, 1 output junction with conveyor rails. Provide material on 2 of the inputs, watch one input alternate, the second input block, and the output only operate at 50% capacity.
  • Like 1

User Feedback

I debugged it more:

It appears that the issue is caused by the fact I have 2 conveyor loaders on the one line/branch. If I delete one of the loaders, it works as anticipated:

20200215122728_1.thumb.jpg.c2dd3492ac269081a8ebc160ebc5f531.jpg

The setup below also works. It doesn't mater how many lines come together, but having a conveyor loader built directly on another's line is what causes my issue.

20200215124636_1.thumb.jpg.c93894d2ba0122fb09197dc108bbba83.jpg

• Like 1

Share this comment

Then you have found your solution. placing pipes (and conveyors are just pipes for solids...) through other ouputs always causes weird results.

Share this comment

9 hours ago, SharraShimada said:

placing pipes (and conveyors are just pipes for solids...) through other ouputs always causes weird results.

This behaves differently than pipes, which is why I compared it to pipes and said it does not behave the as expected (ie, I expected it to behave like pipes).

Even if you do not compare it to pipes and just look at the behavior, it does not make sense. There is no reason why an input to a junction should care what is upstream on that branch.

Share this comment

I think this bug is still present. Either it has to be fixed, or create a "junction" building if the behaviour is intended

Share this comment