• Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

10.gif

Steps to Reproduce
Does not work.

User Feedback

Rail Temprature Sensor with Valve is also not working

Items above and under defined temprature will go through

Share this comment

The sensor itself works according to this. There seems to be some sort of delay or hickup when passing the signal to the chutes and shutoffs.

Share this comment

If I'm reading this correctly, the issue is that the moment the element enters the cell with the chute, it leaves the cell with the sensor, closing the chute. I believe using the Solid Filter to redirect materials will get the behaviour you're looking for, at least partly 

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

Interesting find Crapig, I guess it partly puts a lie to what I posted elsewhere as I didn't try to stagger things, although I think you're actually demonstrating another aspect of the issue. It certainly does seem to be a timing issue whatever has been going on.

I'm guessing a couple of the scenarios I outlined would be proven false quite readily with respect to the Conveyor Shutoff then.

1 hour ago, TheDeamon said:

I've noticed it seems to share an issue with the aquatuner(when the aquatuner is used with a bypass). The first item on the line at the time of activation continues along on the bypass, while anything else that follows, so long as the aqua tuner/conveyor shutoff remains active, will traverse across the desired path without further incident.

Given the process that should be involved in that particular quirk, the issue is likely present for the other conveyor sensors as well(or even simply using the enable/disable switch for that matter), as the problem is likely to the be a timing issue on the shutoff itself. Which will result in all kinds of frustration for people trying to build a sorter on a conveyor line using a mixed input.

So long as you get multiple "packets" of the same type, every "packet" except the first in a given group should make it through on the intended path. But if you're trying to sort between eggs and some other resource, where you only have 1 egg moving through at a time. Well. It's probably going to fail to properly sort the egg, every time.

---------------------

To clarify, as the above discussed two different forms of the same issue:

Scenario 1: Aqua Tuner or Conveyor Shutoff are enabled and powered on, no additional filtering, with a "bypass" connected.

Sequence is Item, Item Item, no gap in between them.

After running the test, the bypass will have 1 item, and the output for the AT or Shutoff will have 2.

The items can be dissimilar in this case, as the two devices were enabled for the entire duration of the test.

Scenario 2: AT and CS are enabled and powered on and enabled, no additional filtering, with a bypass connected,

Sequence is Item, 1 second gap, Item, 2 second gap, Item.

Expected outcome based on my own experience is that the Bypass line will have 3 items present, the output for the AT and CS will have none. 

Scenario 3: Dropping the AT as it isn't used for filtering things, but the CS is.

Now we have a conveyor rail with two sensors, two shutoffs(connected to their respectively positioned sensor) and a bypass area large enough to handle the unsorted content.

Sequence is now 2 loads of coal, 1 egg, and 2 more loads of coal. Sensors are looking for coal and the egg type being used.

Expected outcome based on my own experience is that the conveyor shutoff for the line collecting coal will have 2 loads of coal. The line that is supposed to be receiving eggs has nothing, and the bypass has 1 coal, 1 egg, 1 coal.

Scenario 4: Basically same setup as Scenario 3, just the quantities have changed.

Sequence is now 4 loads of coal, 2 eggs, and 6 more loads of coal. Sensors are looking for coal and the egg type(s) being used.

Expected outcome is the line for handling coal will have 8 loads of coal, the line handling eggs should have a single egg, and the bypass will have 1 coal, 1 egg, 1 coal.

Scenario 5: We're repeating scenario 3 again, only this time we're staggering the release of the contents so that there is a 1 second delay between each item.

Expected outcome is the coal line has no coal, the egg line has no eggs, and the bypass line has 2 coal, 1 egg, and 2 coal.

Share this comment