Can't reach a destination for fullerene ...

Gwido
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Well ... I though it will be the case, but now I sure of it, in my game, the first destination with fullerene is to far for a rocket. :(

20190905062951_1.thumb.jpg.082a163a85c2e2cd7127c4a518e5c673.jpg 20190905063131_1.thumb.jpg.cdc64e3755a9c5f51a1055fe452f840a.jpg

With 4 fuel tanks fully loaded, and 2 liquid oxygen tanks filled with exactly 3 600 kg, my rocket was able to reach the destination pointed on the star map above.

To get the missing distance, I've add another fuel tank, filled it, added 900 kg of liquid oxygen and ... it can't even reach the previous max destination ... the rocket is too heavy. -_-

So it seems I can't fulfill the last objective, because I don't have supercoolant to make liquid hydrogen.

Metis.sav

Steps to Reproduce
Random star map generation (linked to this save)

User Feedback

You don't get the point.

The gilded asteroîds need a thrust for 130 000 km.

I don't want to go to 110 000 km. As I said, before putting these new tanks, I managed to get there. ;)

A standard petroleum engine don't seem to be able to get this far with a cargo bay on the rocket. :( 

Confirmed by the tool you linked. :(

Edited by Gwido

Share this comment

While having the only fullerene source so far away is really hard, its not impossible. You are able to make LOX, what you´ve already done. Now you need LH for the fuel tanks. While its not convenient at all, its possible to make it. It involves a lot of work and other problems, but you may be able to produce enough LH to reach your destination, and then make super coolant. 

Share this comment

Your screenshot shows: Gilded Asteroid with Fullerene at 110 000 km, unreachable with the current rocket.

My answer shows how you can get there with a petroleum rocket. My screenshot also shows that the rocket includes a cargo bay to bring Fullerene back.

I don't get why you'd need to go 130 000 km.

Share this comment

1 hour ago, Yalp said:

Your screenshot shows: Gilded Asteroid with Fullerene at 110 000 km, unreachable with the current rocket.

My answer shows how you can get there with a petroleum rocket. My screenshot also shows that the rocket includes a cargo bay to bring Fullerene back.

I don't get why you'd need to go 130 000 km.

It's not a gilded asteroïd at 110 000. ;) 

I don't know why, but the destination infos are those of the asteroïd pointed by the arrow on the screen.

If you look closer on the upper right corner of the info, it's about one of the two gilded asteroïds at 130 000.

Share this comment

Oh well, the 2 big icons that usually indicate your selected item are very very confusing then. Maybe Klei should fix that visual bug as well, while they are at it :D...

Share this comment