Calories NaN and other items NaN.

Trilom
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

Not sure exactly what caused these issues, I've tried as much research as I can and have found something around when my dupes get stressed and stress eat, something could happen that causes them to stop eating and move to another action.  This may/may not cause the item to no longer have a weight/calorie associated with it but becomes a NaN item.  I can provide screenshots of it happening with Muckroot because Muckroot doesn't decay and sticks around forever, I have seen it with Gristle Berry as well, but since this decays it doesn't create the problem that Muckroot has.

The problems this creates is that my Calorie counter at the top left of the screen doesn't display my calories, but just displays NaN calories.  Looking at the Muckroot in the resource pane shows I have 0 kcals available, and 0 kcal of NaN kcal allocated to pending errands.  If I force my dupes to only eat Muckroot they will not eat these NaN Muckroot and will start to starve, refusing to accept it as food.

I've tried to get them to sweep it, but I haven't been able to replicate exactly what needs to happen here in order to validate what they do to store the item.  My belief is that if a dupe interacts with these items it causes a problem.  Randomly when playing the game it will seem to pause, when pressing space immediately to unpause it doesn't always work and might take 5 seconds before I can unpause it from this state.  Looking at the log during one of these 'pause' periods reveals the following, note there is an error at 14:30 this was the same error previous, and everything after is the logs from that error to when it was reproduced.

[14:30:53.272] [1] [ERROR] FetchOrder error: _UnfetchedAmount >= 0
Destination: RationBoxComplete
Total Amount: 150
Unfetched Amount: NaN
[14:30:53.273] [1] [INFO] Error occurred with mods active. Disabling all mods (unless dev mods active).
FetchOrder error: _UnfetchedAmount >= 0

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug.bindings.h Line: 43)

[14:33:19.489] [6] [WARNING] Effective mass cannot be greater than capacity!
[14:33:19.489] [7] [WARNING] Effective mass cannot be greater than capacity!
[14:33:19.489] [5] [WARNING] Effective mass cannot be greater than capacity!
[14:33:19.802] [3] [WARNING] Effective mass cannot be greater than capacity!
[14:33:19.802] [5] [WARNING] Effective mass cannot be greater than capacity!
[14:33:19.802] [5] [WARNING] Effective mass cannot be greater than capacity!
[14:33:19.802] [7] [WARNING] Effective mass cannot be greater than capacity!
[14:34:09.508] [1] [INFO] Average frame time: 0.05515629
[14:34:09.656] [1] [INFO] Deleting old autosave: C:\Users\Trilom\Documents\Klei\OxygenNotIncluded\save_files/auto_save\Trillville Cycle 382.sav
[14:34:11.933] [1] [INFO] Saved to [C:\Users\Trilom\Documents\Klei\OxygenNotIncluded\save_files/auto_save/Trillville Cycle 392.sav]
[14:34:12.700] [1] [INFO] Saving screenshot to C:\Users\Trilom\Documents\Klei\OxygenNotIncluded\save_files/auto_save/Trillville Cycle 392.png
[14:34:47.166] [1] [ERROR] FetchOrder error: _UnfetchedAmount <= TotalAmount
Total Amount: 96
[14:34:47.167] [1] [INFO] Error occurred with mods active. Disabling all mods (unless dev mods active).
FetchOrder error: _UnfetchedAmount <= TotalAmount

[14:34:47.169] [1] [ERROR] FetchOrder error: _UnfetchedAmount >= 0
[14:34:47.169] [1] [INFO] Error occurred with mods active. Disabling all mods (unless dev mods active).

[14:34:47.170] [1] [ERROR] FetchOrder error: _UnfetchedAmount <= TotalAmount
[14:34:47.170] [1] [INFO] Error occurred with mods active. Disabling all mods (unless dev mods active).
FetchOrder error: _UnfetchedAmount <= TotalAmount

[14:34:47.171] [1] [ERROR] FetchOrder error: _UnfetchedAmount >= 0
[14:34:47.172] [1] [INFO] Error occurred with mods active. Disabling all mods (unless dev mods active).

Digging around some other things, my Polluted Dirt number is also reporting 0 kg of NaN kg allocated to pending errands and I haven't been able to locate where the item is on my map or if it's already in a storage container not sure about this one, I can understand kinda how the Muckroot/food problem happens but the polluted dirt one I am very lost on.

I'd like to find some solution to this because its constantly telling me I have no food, I can't see my calorie counter without looking at my resources, and the pause thing that happens is incredibly annoying.  Imagine every minute while playing it pauses uncontrollably and you go to unpause and there is a 5 second delay before it unpauses.  I believe the pause thing ONLY happens if I assign my dupes with a task that forces them to interact with the item (forcing them to eat ignores the item,  but making them sweep the item is possible).

Thanks

Steps to Reproduce
Might have nailed this already. I can provide my save file if needed. In my case something causes food/items to become NaN kg/kcal values. This causes the game to throw the error contained in the log snippet and pause the game as well as disabling any mods I have added when I relaunch.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

I am playing around with this more and it appears there is a single NaN Muckroot, if I create a storage container and force it to only store Muckroot and then set my dupes on yellow alert, they will go grab the single NaN Muckroot this will cause the 'pause' thing and throw the error in the log file.  After this they run to the storage container and it appears to create another one of the NaN Muckroots.  You can see the dupe run up and suck up the Muckroot and it says that they picked up NaN amount of Muckroot and the physical item doesn't disappear.

Share this comment

The save file might prove useful even if it's too late (the NaN already exists). If you happen to have the save (ideally just) before it happens that would be even better. If you don't mind posting it we can take a look.

Thanks!

Share this comment

I have the same problem, but mine is only with food. My last save starts the day normal and almost immediately after pressing play the problem occurs and crashes within the same cycle.

2 hours ago, klei.ruby said:

The save file might prove useful even if it's too late (the NaN already exists). If you happen to have the save (ideally just) before it happens that would be even better. If you don't mind posting it we can take a look.

Thanks!

I'm not sure where the save files are so if you want my save let me know!

Share this comment

System Cycle 139.sav It won't crash on its own. Too get it to crash disable the massage tables and priority 9 sweep the omelets in the grand hall, then when a dupe tries to cook something it'll crash. Sometimes it'll crash with just the sweeping order, sometimes it won't.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

Greetings, unfortunately I do not have the save where the NaN was created.  I have started a new game and have left this one behind for now until I can come up with (or want to come back to) it for a resolution.  In my new game I'm keeping an eye out for it anywhere and will try to retain where it occurs if it occurs.

Thanks

Share this comment

To me this happend when I slaghtered mass creatures... guess there is some overflow on kcal calculation, not sure though.

Share this comment

I have found out that bug mechanism is exactly what Trilom  said on the post. Slaghter animals on cycle 366 and wait for dupes go binge eat than interrupt. dropped food(meat) becomes NaN.

Share this comment

Thanks for save files, we're still looking into this issue and the more cases we have the easier it is to debug.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

Having the same issue. It went super negative decimal and then NaN. It seems like something weird happens (food eating gets interrupted) and then the previously numerical value turns floating point and the game freaks out. 

Share this comment

Changed Status to Fixed

Thanks for your patience, the borked saves will be fixed in the next hotfix. There are still some open mysteries about exactly how these items are getting a mass of NaN, but it definitely is related to eating, as several of you have noted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment