Buffer gate times at 140% speed when game speed is set to max

bountygiver
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Pending

buffer gate turns off way too early on fast game speed, the timing is correct on 1x game speed.

Steps to Reproduce
set game speed to max, build buffer gate, connect to liquid shutoff, pulse the signal for 0.1s, you will notice the number of liquid packets do not match the number of seconds you set on the buffer gate

User Feedback

I´m not sure, whats your problem here. 

Of course the seconds-input is compared to 1x-speed. If the game runs faster, it has tbe be faster too. Otherwise everything would run faster, but the automation would not.

Share this comment

I have observed the same bug in my game. I don't know which are the values, but I suspect the time multiplier is not the same between the game and the automation buffers and filters.

In my game I have set some buffers and filters on my gantries in order to save power. In other words, a given gantry do not start retracting/expanding until the one on top of it has finished to be retracted/expanding (I have mesured the time it needed to do so). At 1x speed everything works fine. At maximum speed, Gantries start moving before the other ones have finished retracting or expanding; leading, in this case to a power overload.

• Like 1

Share this comment

9 hours ago, SharraShimada said:

I´m not sure, whats your problem here. 

Of course the seconds-input is compared to 1x-speed. If the game runs faster, it has tbe be faster too. Otherwise everything would run faster, but the automation would not.

in case you didn't read the steps to reproduce, if you set a buffer to X seconds, with a liquid shutoff it should let X packets go though, however at top speed setting a 200s buffer only lets around 130 packets pass through, my auto rocket refuelers keep fail to fully fuel because of this, and I have the exact same setup which worked in previous versions.

Share this comment