Bottled Polluted Water Emits PO2

mazeking
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

v285039 and all previous versions.
As i said Bottled Polluted water emmits Pollyted oxygen. So you could think what's the problem...
The problem here is not only in the logic of course. I personally do not understand how the duplicates fill plastic bottles, although plastic is not yet open.=)

So. You could build a 3 algae terrariums at the bottom of your base almost at the start of the game. Quickly did research of O2 Deodorizer and you would have almost endless oxygen generation  while you have a water and sand for any number of dupes. Cause every bottle would emit PO2 that Deodorizer would change to O2 with 90% efficiency.

AT gives us already 40g/s|44g/s of O2 + 10g/s PO2 from every 349 PW Bottle. Not much right? No! It gives 1400% efficiency.

As you could see on shot i have 4 terrariums for the 5 dupes  and all my base in 2.5k O2 where it needed.And yes i even didn't used algae distiller ever.
To be honest. I could remove 3 of them and my base still would be at current pressure cause i already had around 5-7kk of PW in bottles near deodorizers that would emit PO2 and change it to O2. Even if all the oxygen is pumped out of the base. Accumulated bottled water is enough to return the pressure to normal within half a cycle.

My record of this system is 410 cycles, 9 dupes with 1 AT and full asteroid clearance without any O2 automation. Could be more than 410 but i was tired to continue. And you could build it in 5 cycles from start of the game.

Also you could store endless volume of PW in a bottles at 1 tile if your terraium is under clear water
BKgVfqvRGMc.thumb.jpg.3136fa07e05c67a604edbe140404e4a3.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
Build a deodorizer near algae terrarium or above it. And not to empty the bottles of dirty water

User Feedback

Ya Iv been using this 12 Dups and 10 AT.  Water becomes an issue if you dont clean up the PW from time to time and dont have access to a good set of water but still it gets me to a cold Biome and then water is not really an issue.

Share this comment

10 minutes ago, psusi said:

Yea... polluted water emits polluted oxygen... not a bug.

Read one more time. I'm talking about Bottled Polluted Water in specific situation that makes game so unbalanced that you don't needed most of the researches to survive right from the start of the game. Not about a polluted water in world.

Share this comment

1 hour ago, mazeking said:

Read one more time. I'm talking about Bottled Polluted Water in specific situation that makes game so unbalanced that you don't needed most of the researches to survive right from the start of the game. Not about a polluted water in world.

It doesn't matter whether it's in a bottle or not.  If you want to let polluted water slowly evaporate into po2 and clean it with a deoderizer to get o2, that's a valid option.

Share this comment

4 hours ago, psusi said:

It doesn't matter whether it's in a bottle or not.  If you want to let polluted water slowly evaporate into po2 and clean it with a deoderizer to get o2, that's a valid option.

TLDR;  (actually i tried but its way too convoluted) - i agree with Psusi ..  if you want to go that route, good for you - not a bug :)

Share this comment

On 15.09.2018 at 2:10 AM, DaveSatx said:

TLDR;  (actually i tried but its way too convoluted) - i agree with Psusi ..  if you want to go that route, good for you - not a bug :)

Hm. For me it's simple.
1. Dig a room 5x5 with 2 tiles vertical coridor under the base, better if high difference before room less than 20.
2. Research advanced research, than farming.
3. Build ATs inside.
4. Research decontamination
5. Build deodorizers on mesh tiles above ATs
6. Enjoy your almost free and true endless O2 with 25-27 degree temperature (doesn't matter how much was water) which could cause popped ear drums after 50-70 cycles.
7. Destroy 3 ATs or all if needed after 50-70 cycles but don't sweep water.
P.s. Do not fill the room with infected water while ATs active.

Edited by mazeking

Share this comment