Big issue with filter gate - gamebreaker

OxCD
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Hi

Those timers have been started simultaneously.

Filter gates are set to 200sec. So 3x200 sec should be 600 sec, so should be 1 cycle.

Here it is, look where is the cycle timer when filters have reached 3x200sec... Only a third of the cycle has passed.

image.thumb.png.7fd652fb479c8dc3a128d2231c9254dd.png

The more lag there's on the game, the more shift it seems you get. I've tried with a freshly created map and didn't noticed it that much.

Save joined. Just reset both counters, reset gates, and you'll very quickly see it.

That's quite a big one, if all delay-gate are messed up. Just note I didn't tried with buffer.

Best regards

Steps to Reproduce

Load my save, or use the design shown on an heavy save

OxCD's Cocoon.sav

• Thanks 2

User Feedback

This is truly a problem. While cycle sensor seems quite reliable(afraid not always) but series of buffer and filter seem to always frustrate me. And as you mentioned, it seems get worsen as it goes to late-game.

Share this comment

Seeing some devs hanging around the bug forum for the first time since a month, I'll take the opportunity to up this one.

Sorry in advance for my insolence ^^

Thanks guys

Share this comment

They´ve seen it. They dont reply on every single bug post. Especially not if its a new issue, and they have no solution yet. 

Share this comment

@SharraShimada I know how they are working against bug. I just assume the insolence to up this one, as I feel it gamebreaking and quite urgent, even my point of view on it may not be shared.

It's been a month and half already for something that have so heavy consequences.

Share this comment

I think it's tied to frame rate somehow. When I use the Ctrl+U cheat in debug mode, the problem gets multiplied.

Share this comment

Ok it seems Blennus begins a work on his side to patch this.

Indeed modding the solution seems to be the only way as Klei seems to do not take into account the heaviness of this bug.

Share this comment