Sign in to follow this  

Automation can be built in an invalid configuration

riwenna
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Known Issue

This is more or less echoing an old bug report I made in September, with some elements of the more recent updates.

Basically, the game allows me to build an automation bridge over an AND-gate if I build the AND-gate first and the bridge second. If the bridge is placed first, the gate can't be built. I understand that this was a valid and working configuration before (I've used it), but now I am able to build it despite it being an invalid configuration as indicated by the "Building has overlapping ports" error.

overlapping_ports.png.4158254fffe017148a5fef3c562429b6.png

Further, the error message description which I can read by clicking on the AND-gate is somewhat misleading, at least in the first part: "Invalid Port Overlap: Ports on this building overlap those on another building. This building must be rebuilt in a valid location." But, each of the 5 ports here is in a separate tile, so I do not understand why the ports are considered to be overlapping.

And I'll echo my plea from the last bug report: please allow us to use this build, it helps keep things neat and small, why forbit it? :)

Steps to Reproduce
Build AND-gate (or OR-gate). Build automation bridge. Get "overlapping ports" error for building an invalid configuration. Also unconsisten, as building the automation bridge first and the gate second is not an allowed build.

We are aware of this issue and have it logged internally but either we do not have a fix ready yet or we are not planning on addressing the issue in the immediate future.

Report Bug
Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

The problem is, that here is a problem, where none should be. The 4th spot of the gate is just for display-reasons. It has no function at all. So this should work fine, but does not.

Share this comment

.... ....
16 hours ago, SharraShimada said:

The problem is, that here is a problem, where none should be. The 4th spot of the gate is just for display-reasons. It has no function at all. So this should work fine, but does not.

I agree with this and hope that's the final decision. You used to be able to use that configuration no problem, as long as you built in your and-gate first followed by the bridge. Now it can still be built in that order, but keeps giving out the error warning.

Share this comment