Attack on puft pathing is disrupted even if pathing is valid.

nets
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Linux Fixed

Say you want to unalive a Puft Prince, you give it the attack order (which oddly is missing priority list), 4 dupes line up to attack critter. Critter moves 1-2 tiles from above your horizontal ladder, to below your ladder, so still entirely within grasp of the dupes, attack is suddenly ignored. After which the Attack order is resignaled only when puft is exactly inside your horizontal ladder.

close-enough.png

too-far-from-ladder.png

too-far-from-ladder-1tile.png

too-far-from-ladder-1tile-above.png

Steps to Reproduce

1. Have stable with puft that needs unaliving.
2. Give order to attack.
3. Watch Dupes run back and forth as dupes are trying to attack critter, turn back (attack is too far away), attack, turn away
??
4. Puft prince teaches dupes a new dance

lshw.log

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Experiencing the same issue with a shine bug inside my barracks, standard 4 tiles high room.

Looks like "combat engagement" as it's called in the tooltip of the alert in the top left, is triggered only when the critter is inside the bottom row of cells just above the floor.

First row above floor, attacks will be triggered and executed.

Second row above floor, combat engagement canceled and will not be triggered, critter not flagged unreachable.

Third and fourth row above floor, combat engagement canceled and will not be triggered, critter gains "unreachable" status.

Additionally, after a reload of the most current auto-save with the critter saved inside the third row of cells, the attack is not triggered anymore ever, even when the critter moves to ground level.

20240304163552_1.jpg

20240304164901_1.jpg

20240304170207_1.jpg

Share this comment

I knew something was off when i tried to get rid of stray Shinebugs from my base and the attack errand kept failing unless the Shinebug was hugging the floor..

Share this comment

@EricKlei I'm still reproducing this with build U51-596666-5 and all mods disabled. The attached save file has a Puft Prince centered with Attack set on it but no errands show up and no dupes initiate combat.

Bored Base.sav

Share this comment

This was fixed after yesterday's hotfix went out. It will be in the next hotfix.

Share this comment

FYI, the bug where Pufts drown themselves in shallow pools of pWater is back. If I can get a repro scenario I'll open another bug, but my ranch just got wiped out.

Edited by meekay

Share this comment