Atmo suit docks ARE deleting oxygen.

Foooooooooooooo
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Undocking the suits fixes the behaviour, When they are redocked the checkpoint continues to delete oxygen instead of store it.

My save game is basically completely unplayable ATM. And now I know why I had been losing oxygen for 30 cycles and burned most of my water supply.

Anyone got a work around? Should I just try rebuilding the docks?

delete_oxygen.jpg

delete_oxygen2.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
1. Pipe air to atmo suit dock 2. Observe atmo suit dock with 0 air. 3. Undock suit. 4. Pipe air to atmo suit dock 5. Observe atmo suit dock with correct amount of air. 6. Redock suit 7. Pipe air to atmo suit dock 8. Atmo suit dock deletes oxygen again.

User Feedback

Are you sure all the atmosuits are fully recharged ?

The amount of oxygen stored into the dock is some sort of stock to quickly refill the suit when docked. But before filling the dock, the suit must be fully refilled. ;)

If it's not the case, make sure you link a save of your game, for the devs. ;) 

On my side, I never had any problem like this one.

Share this comment

There is no problem with mine, you can watch when they are docked.

Spoiler

Are you already using atmo-suit before, or this is the first time?

If you using it many times before and suspicious with this one, my suggestion is

• try with one dock first
  • if you don't want to lose any O2, you can start a new world in sandbox mode to test things out
  • attach your savefile because it does not happen to everyone

But if this is your first time using it:

Spoiler

might be better to ask other players in general discussion. Calling it bugs because don't understand will increase the burden to devs who trying to squish real bugs. Just ask and explain your situation, but don't judge it broken/bug. Some people might be annoyed when we judge without understanding.

Share this comment

I don't doubt, Some people dont have this issue, As before the last update neither did I.

Not my first time using atmo suits, Last colony to day 800 stopped to use new asteroids. Never seen this before.

I setup a second checkpoint on other side of base and observed same effect.

To recharge the suit's I have to undock them. (then the contents increases with each packet of 02)

If a suite is docked, The oxygen is deleted it goes into the dock and the contents dont change and the suit dock shows the (/02) with the slash through it to show no oxygen.

I'm aware of the hissing noise when the suit goes back to dock, It gets recharged. This currently the only way to recharge them. So if a dupe is wearing the suite the dock gains 02, Or if its on the floor unequipped the dock gets 02. If

Yes the docks have power.

Can I give the devs my save game without the entire internet? I cant see how.

Just started game up to record you a video and its not happening now.

I went back 30 cycles last time to stop it happening as I thought some valve+automation I put on caused it but apparently eventually it just happens. As I'm now 60+ cycles from that point I went back to.

Previously however, Just restarting the game did not fix anything.

3 hours ago, abud said:

Thanks for that, FYI I have 10 years production development experience.

Posting "it doesn't happen to me" and then assuming the person your talking to knows nothing is actually a burden. But thanks for the tip.

>might be better to ask other players in general discussion. Calling it bugs because don't understand will increase the burden to devs who trying to squish real bugs. Just ask and explain your situation, but don't judge it broken/bug. Some people might be annoyed when we judge without understanding.

Hide contents

might be better to ask other players in general discussion. Calling it bugs because don't understand will increase the burden to devs who trying to squish real bugs. Just ask and explain your situation, but don't judge it broken/bug. Some people might be annoyed when we judge without understanding.

Edited by Foooooooooooooo
foo

Share this comment

So here is the issue now I understand it properly.

Oxygen Is not deleted.

It instead fills the tank in the atmo suit.

However now, Which is the new behavior all paths beyond the checkpoint are invalid unless the tank in the suit is full.

The dock has the no 02 icon showing and it wasn't visible in speed 3 that I always play at but in slowmo it momentarily fills and then adds to the suit.

I am 100% sure dupes were previously able to use a half filled suit (And the indicator on the dock used to match the suits level or at least be effected by it?). So I'm not sure if the no 02 icon is an indicator of a new behavior (that dupes cant use a suit half full) or that the bug is actually dupes unable to use a suit not filled completely.

When I undock the suits and they get a partial recharge, They are able to find paths beyond the checkpoint.

I appreciate all the tips to do free support but my only real obligation is an accurate bug report. Ill leave it now.

Share this comment

I've had similar weird issues with the suits. If they are not fully charged, I've had dupes just stand around idle, when there are a million things to do. Very strange.

Share this comment