Aquatuner breaks and continues to consume power

psusi
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Linux Pending

All reports on the forums lately have said that the aquatuner in fact, does not overheat, even to the point of being able to melt rock into magma.  So I built out my steam turbine to turn heat from both the metal refinery and an aquatuner cooling the base into power.  After some time, the aquatuner broke, and stopped cooling water, yet it continues to consume power.  It also magically created a pocket of 100kg of steam inside the previously sealed and flooded with petroleum room it was in.

Screenshot from 2018-10-14 19-07-44.png

Screenshot from 2018-10-14 19-17-14.png

The Radioactive Panopticon 4.sav

Steps to Reproduce

User Feedback

Building that broke usually leak non-solid resource contents and it also leak wrong element state/type of material being put in.

Sorry, if I'm wrong.

Edit : Also I mention that Isn't pipe that break not Thermal Aquatuner so it leak water and then it become steam?

Edited by Katsunari

Share this comment

5 hours ago, Katsunari said:

Building that broke usually leak non-solid resource contents and it also leak wrong element state/type of material being put in.

Sorry, if I'm wrong.

Edit : Also I mention that Isn't pipe that break not Thermal Aquatuner so it leak water and then it become steam?

Even if that were true, the aquatuner doesn't hold 100kg of water so how could it have suddenly let out that much when it broke?  And it's the aquatuner that's broke, not the pipe.  And why is it still drawing power?!

Share this comment

No, I looked at the save, and it's the pipe behind the aquatuner that's broken. (There *is* a bug, though, see below.)

Liquid pipes can only hold liquids, not solids or gasses. If something changes state while it's in a liquid pipe, the pipe takes damage, and the contents are expelled. If a pipe takes damage 10 times without being repaired, it becomes broken.

So, each time it was damaged, it expelled its 10kg of contents, for a total of 100kg of steam.

This does appear to be a bug, however. When the output pipe is broken, the aquatuner uses up electricity without doing anything.

Share this comment

1 hour ago, creidieki said:

No, I looked at the save, and it's the pipe behind the aquatuner that's broken. (There *is* a bug, though, see below.)

Liquid pipes can only hold liquids, not solids or gasses. If something changes state while it's in a liquid pipe, the pipe takes damage, and the contents are expelled. If a pipe takes damage 10 times without being repaired, it becomes broken.

So, each time it was damaged, it expelled its 10kg of contents, for a total of 100kg of steam.

This does appear to be a bug, however. When the output pipe is broken, the aquatuner uses up electricity without doing anything.

Weird.. you are right, it is the pipe that broke.  For no apparent reason.  I had a warning for some time that the aquatuner was overheating, and I reloaded the last auto save less than a cycle before I noticed this and it hasn't happened again.  There is no steam in there, no damage to the pipe, everything is working fine.

Share this comment

Ok, I guess I let the water get a bit too cold ( I was thinking keep it 14 degrees above freezing, but I'm in F not C, so it's a 25 F drop, so 55 F is cold enough to freeze coming out of the aquatuner, damage the pipe, drop out of the pipe, and immediately boil to steam in the hot petrol.  I set up a temp sensor and shutoff to only let water above 70 F go into the aquatuner and it's been running fine.  I guess that means the only bug is the fact that the aquatuner continues to consume power when its output pipe is broken.

Share this comment