Anti Entropy Device Continues Working Without Hydrogen

madcat1188
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Steam Known Issue

An Anti Entropy Device is continuing to operate even after I have de-constructed the pipe supplying it with hydrogen. I have tried re-connecting the pipe and setting a gas valve below it to zero, but that doesn't fix it. I am unable to stop the Anti Entropy Device without disabling it. I have let the game run for more than 20 cycles and it is still running.

Screenshots:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1257987857
In that screenshot, the Anti Entropy Device says "Too Cold", but it is running and switches to saying that it is cooling, but I can't get a screenshot of that.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1257994485
Notice in that screenshot, there is no pipe connected between the green output of the gas valve below the Anti Entropy Device and the white input of the device itself. It was previously there when I had the device running, but I've de-constructed it and the device kept working.

Steps to Reproduce
Connect an Anti Entropy device to a hydrogen supply, the de-construct the pipe connecting to it.

User Feedback

@madcat1188: You might want to check the current resource stock of the Anti Entropy Device. If i am not mistaken it should hold an amount of approx. 2000 g of Hydrogen in its internal storage (similar to other resource consuming devices). Since the internal storage is not necessarily consumed (10g/s) as fast as the input is arriving (up to 1000 g/s), there might still be alot of excess Hydrogen inside the machine itself.

Additionally since the Anti Entropy Device shuts down everytime it reaches a certain temperature (as can be seen in your screenshot), the consumation will pause (i assume), leading to even less consumation rate. Resulting in the Device running for quite a while until it eventually runs out of fuel.

You can check the internal resource storage by clicking the device and checking the "contents"-part of the first information tab.

Edited by blash365

Share this comment

Thanks ... I did see 2000g in the contents part of the information tab, but it seemed to stay at 2000g. Also, I usually have to place a gas pipe bridge or something with a green output arrow on it, otherwise gas doesn't flow, but perhaps that isn't the case with gas that is already inside the device.

In this particular case, I had the room filled with CO2, and the anti entropy device was liquefying and solidifying the CO2, which was causing a huge problem for my sleet wheat farm. I'll upload the save game file when I get a chance.

I actually managed to pause it when it flipped away from saying "Too Cold". It is saying "This building is using Hydrogen from storage at a rate of 0 kg/s"

Share this comment

Changed Status to Known Issue

We'll make some changes so that it's more clear what's going on here. Thanks for reporting this.

Share this comment