all gases and liquid turned solid after client update

pippo_jedi
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Linux Fixed

Hi,
I have development build Eu-279889.
upon launching the game after update and loading latest game MOST gases and ALL liquids in map turned solid while having a standard temperature.

All dupes died pretty fast, happened again after quitting and reloading.

20180730223055_1.jpg

20180730223139_1.jpg

The Hardy Utopia.sav

Steps to Reproduce
Attached savegamefile maybe?
  • Sad 1

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Starting a new game from scratch results in it crashing at about 60% at world gen when it says "infusing oxigen" or something like that.

Share this comment

Hi pippo_jedi,

I've been trying to reproduce the issue but with your save file on both Windows 10 and Ubuntu 18.04 I haven't had any luck. Would you be able to use Steam to check the consistency of the files? If you aren't familiar with how to do that, this page has details under "Verify the integrity of your game's files on Steam" section.

http://support.kleientertainment.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2747140-oxygen-not-included-alpha-troubleshooting-guide

Share this comment

Have the same issue. Linux Mint 19. Have already checked the consistency of the files. All fine.

Share this comment

Same Issue here. Ubuntu 16.04. Game files verified. Tried multiple times, same result every time.

Problem seems to be that most elements have wrong temperatures assigned: Oxygen condensation point at 5000°C, etc. At the same time CO2 and H2 seem unaffected.

Share this comment

Verified the data integrity of data files as per instructions, all is going well, tried again to load the game, same issue.

I concur sevs44936: upon checking melting temperatures they are wrong as you can see from attached screenshot.

Starting a new game results in a crash at world gen 59% "infusing oxygen" step. I did not find instructions on how to provide a "data dump" of the crash, if available, if i missed them and someone can point me to the right direction I could be able to provide one.

bye

Schermata del 2018-07-31 11:41:38.png

Edited by pippo_jedi

Share this comment

4 hours ago, Cheerio said:

Unfortunately we still haven't been able to reproduce this issue. We have some guesses as to what it might be though. Would it be possible for you to try generating a world/loading your save with both the "debug_build_0" and "debug_build_1" branches and letting me know if either of them work for you? Thanks for your help!

I could do that no problem but the only betas I see is audio logging enabled.
I suspect I need a code to access that? If so if you can send me a private message with it...

Share this comment

A couple of other people with your issue tested the branch and it seems fixed. The next hotfix should fix this for you as well. Thanks for your help in figuring this out!

• Like 1

Share this comment

3 minutes ago, Cheerio said:

A couple of other people with your issue tested the branch and it seems fixed. The next hotfix should fix this for you as well. Thanks for your help in figuring this out!

you're welcome :)

hoping to get that hotfix soon :p

Share this comment