All Duplicants progress the same in the jobs board

ArunPrasath
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

All Duplicants progress the same in the jobs board.

Ie, a Duplicant with -10 affinity(with -10 learning) to farming and a Duplicant with +10 affinity (with 10 learning) to farming reaches 100% of job completion in the same time.

They should be spaced x16 times apart! (+10 learning = half time to progress and -10 learning means double time to progress; also, -10 affinity means double time and +10 affinity means half time for completion)

This applies for every job in the board!

The learning ability should factor into this!!! also, a Duplicant with affinity to farming must get +50% boost to complete the mastery of the job.

So a revamp of the progress needs to be done!!!!

Steps to Reproduce
Easy - Look at the rate of progression of different duplicants in the jobs board
  • Thanks 1

User Feedback

.... seriously? So my nurturing learning skills on my dupes has been doing nothing for my job mastery times? So much rerolling at the start for nothing... If that's true, then why does the learning tooltip say '+% to skill leveling'...

Share this comment

8 hours ago, Ambaire said:

.... seriously? So my nurturing learning skills on my dupes has been doing nothing for my job mastery times? So much rerolling at the start for nothing... If that's true, then why does the learning tooltip say '+% to skill leveling'...

Because skill leveling and job mastering are two different things. Learning has no impact on job mastering which is (for now) the intended behaviour, however the OP might feel. It helps with learning skill points by doing things.

Share this comment

59 minutes ago, Vilda said:

Because skill leveling and job mastering are two different things. Learning has no impact on job mastering which is (for now) the intended behaviour, however the OP might feel. It helps with learning skill points by doing things.

Do you have a source on this? Certainly is an interesting revelation.

Share this comment

I

9 hours ago, Ambaire said:

Do you have a source on this? Certainly is an interesting revelation.

Learning:
+- X% Research speed
+- X% Skill leveling

There is no mention of job leveling so why would anyone expect it?

Edited by Vilda
edited to correlate with ingame description

Share this comment