Algae Terrarium Water Consumption

RemyG
  • Branch: Live Branch Fixed

I have seen other people report that their terrariums seem to have an infinite need for water so decided to run a colony using them as my primary oxygen source. I gathered all my fresh water into a single reservoir (at one point this amounted to approx. 800,000kg of clean water) and was running 9 terrariums with water being pumped up and dripped onto a terrace with them to auto-water. At the end of cycle 10 I had 741006.5kg of water. At the beginning of cycle 11 I had 720579.5kg

Terrarium expectations: 300g/s, totaling 180kg of water consumed a day. 9 terrariums, so 1620kg a day. Water reserve of 800,000kg should last almost 500 cycles if consumption is correct.

Actual experience: Cycle 18, I have 3402kg of water left.

At the end of cycle 10 I had 741006.5kg of water. At the beginning of cycle 11 I had 720579.5kg, coming out to 20,427kg consumed over 25 seconds (playing at x3 speed). So 20427 / 9 for the 9 terrariums, then divided by 25 to get how much they consume each second comes out to a whopping 90.8kg per second. A far cry higher than 300g/s. Attaching my earliest autosave, cycle 10, though what triggers the infinite consumption I cannot say. I never use them and now I have even more reason to never touch them which is a pity because they could be very useful.

BurrowTer Cycle 11.sav

Steps to Reproduce
Place algae terrarium. Pump water source so it drips water onto terrarium. Watch water vanish into the void.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Look inside the terrariums (currently on mobile so I can't check the save myself), most likely a good part of the water had been aborbed by them as they don't seem to have a limit on their internal storage...

Share this comment