36000 kg contaminated water in one tile

GuitarGangster
  • Pending

As stated in the title. Take a look!

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

I tryed to fill my dump water reservoir with contaminated water from caverns above. The first attempt was... weird. After opening the chamber, instead of flooding my reservoir, the water seemed to "dissapear", i thought. After opening 2 other chambers my room first got flooded all the way up, but the water seemed to shrink away even in slow speed. Its flowing in itself, creating that huge chunk of water in one tile..

Not related to this bug, but incase u take a look at my save game, maybe u could also check out my water distillerie, which is behaving weird aswell :D

the water on the left side is cooked, about 100g on each tile, while the dirty water on the right side stays at cool 30degrees and refuses to "merge" over to the left, even if there is like 50kg of dirt water right next to a tile with 100g of clean water.... Also the steam manages to stay below the gas permeable tiles when there is almost vacuum above them but i cant pump it out (most likely to another bug which seemed to have blocked the gaspermeable tiles with liquid water that should not get in there in the first place).

EDIT: The following bugs seem to have been resolved in the recent patch! Good job Devs :D

Good thing i have my pumping system in place, so u can pump more dirt water into the batterie chamber from below, to wash it out and pump it back down incase there is too much water in the chamber. Doing that will cause more and more water to dissapear as stated in other bug reports!

Aaaand finally i set up a waste chamber to get rid of nasty gas where i pump in all my CO2. The gasvent is overpressurised, but nevertheless im able to pump out all my waste, im suspecting gas to dissapear aswell. Turn on my Wastepump (the left lever in my clean water reservoir) if u like to have a look on that.

bugreport 01.sav

Steps to Reproduce
Open my savegame, the water falling in itself is still happening! The 36t stack is still there after reloading/restarting so u should be able to witness it aswell. If u want more, send my dupes to open another chamber of water and check it out, the stack will even grow bigger!

User Feedback

This happens whenever a "bubble" of gas gets trapped under water. The water from the top of the bubble falls through it (because it's liquid over a gas tile) into the tile under the bubble. The immense water pressure under the tile then pushes the the water back up and around to the top of the bubble.

It's honestly kind of beautiful in its own way.

1-Bubble.jpg

The bubble is surprisingly stable. This one lasted for many cycles until I dug up the tile next to it.

Share this comment