3 Glossy Drecko Starving - 8 fully grown mealwood in room

AllPainful
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

I had a Drecko ranch, room size 96, has 3 glossy dreckos in it, they used to eat the mealwook growing in it, but they (all 3) started "Starving" over a cycle ago, and all 8 of the mealwood plants in the room are fully grown.

20180810142152_1.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
Built a full sized ranch room with 8 mealwood plants, used to have regular dreckos but when got the few glossy, pulled the regular ones out, the glossy have been in there for a long time and were eating the mealwood fine. But just out of no where stopped eating it.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Update: I did save/close and reopen a close the game a few times hitting resume and the issue persisted (this was the spotty play time I have.) but I got them to eat by Save/Load.   So it is something with the resume I believe.

Share this comment

1 hour ago, AllPainful said:

Update: I did save/close and reopen a close the game a few times hitting resume and the issue persisted (this was the spotty play time I have.) but I got them to eat by Save/Load.   So it is something with the resume I believe.

Would you be able to upload a save file that reproduces this issue?

Share this comment

I had the same problem, but then I read on a forum that they'll only eat if the plant is right next to a wall.5b6f2b4876d6e_dreckofarm.thumb.png.4a3b2cd7870717f3fbb34126d555013e.png

Like so. I don't have any starving dreckos with this setup.

Share this comment

On 8/11/2018 at 2:33 PM, tove96 said:

I had the same problem, but then I read on a forum that they'll only eat if the plant is right next to a wall.5b6f2b4876d6e_dreckofarm.thumb.png.4a3b2cd7870717f3fbb34126d555013e.png

Like so. I don't have any starving dreckos with this setup.

Wait, what?!  That looks like you are growing mealwood in hydrogen, but it requires oxygen or carbon dioxide to grow.

Share this comment

3 hours ago, psusi said:

Wait, what?!  That looks like you are growing mealwood in hydrogen, but it requires oxygen or carbon dioxide to grow.

Ah, no actually they're growing in a single tile of co2. I first flooded the room with co2, then hydrogen. Because of how heavy co2 is, it won't move, not even if a flatulent dupe lets a little natural gas loose in the room. 

Edited by tove96

Share this comment

Just now, tove96 said:

Ah, no, they're growing in a single tile of co2. I first flooded the room with co2, then hydrogen. Because of how heavy co2 is, it won't move, not even if a flatulent dupe lets a little natural gas loose in the room. 

Oh that's bloody genius.  I've got to do this.

Share this comment