[296878] Mechanized Airlocks No longer transmit heat/temperature

bbbower
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Fixed

Mechanized airlocks no longer show the transmitting of heat.  Other airlocks and pneumatic doors do fine.  If you open and close the door the temperature will start to even out but will jump between seemingly odd variations of its previous average temperatures.  Temperature change does occur normally so it has to do with the tooltip updating, and possibly the objects link with the material underlying it.  Like when you put a door down it makes a hidden tile of "iron" or whatever material you are using behind what the player can see, that hidden object is what interacts with the temperature change and the tooltip of the object updates accordingly.  However when you deconstruct the object the materials generated are based on the objects tooltip information so besides the tooltip not updating the wrong temperature material is refunded, which is less of a bug but still.  

20181129033826_1.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
I noticed this when my cooling loop broke on my sleet farm (this ended up being due to built up heat in other areas where tempshift plate wasn't working so when it was fixed it just so happened to mess up my loop making me think the doors were not shifting temperatures). So I turned debug mode on and built a door in the magma, many cycles later no temperature change.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

I´m not 100% sure, but to me it looks like the Tooltip just isnt updating, while heat is transfered as usual. At least my NatGas boiler works as usual and it relies on heattransfer by Mech. Airlocks (Steel).

Edited by snoozer

Share this comment

40 minutes ago, snoozer said:

I´m not 100% sure, but to me it looks like the Tooltip just isnt updating, while heat is transfered as usual. At least my NatGas boiler works as usual and it relies on heattransfer by Mech. Airlocks (Steel).

[edit] Yes it seems the tooltip is just frozen as well as the temperature overlay, I tested it with the door thinking it was only 300 degrees and it evidently was almost 2 thousand so it threw me off. I just tested with a small amount of water and tempshift plate over a -40 door after using the tempshift to suck the cold off it and it works as per normal just failing to update.

Edited by bbbower

Share this comment

However, deconstructing the door does yield the materials at the improperly listed temperature! Lol i took the door down thinking experiment over and it froze the water immediately haha ! 

Share this comment

40 minutes ago, snoozer said:

Have no idea why its working in my case, but not in yours...

It is, I edited my original reply, the tooltip does not update.  I didnt consider the door was thousands of degrees hotter that it looked when I heated it up to what I thought was 300.  But when you deconstruct the door the materials return at the false tooltip temperature. My space failure was due to built up crazy temperatures from when the tempshift plates were not working, that coupled with the tooltip issue made everything confusing.  Thanks for helping, I should probably sleep at some point XD

Edited by bbbower

Share this comment

6 hours ago, snoozer said:

Have no idea why its working in my case, but not in yours...

it updates on use, either by a dupe or automation :)  very odd.  been reporting it for awhile

Share this comment