270750 - Critter Feeder

Siromatik
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Pending

Some pets foods are already checked when you build a new Critter Feeder, and you cant uncheck it or either scroll in the element.

5b111eb53d5bf_Capturedcran2018-06-0112_20_08.thumb.png.d99a461b909f56fe5e0e3b3c7113f28a.png

Trainwreck Beta.sav

Steps to Reproduce
Build a Critter Feeder and scroll down to Slickter, Drecko and Puft categories. Then try to click.

User Feedback

It’s because none of the foods these critters eat can be put into a feeder.

It could be conveyed better though. I was confused for a while before I realized why they were checked.

Share this comment

Okay so its like they're avoiding us to check needs for thoses pets, even when we cant use the Critter Feeder for them.
Thats counter intuitive, better just delete them from this list imo.

Tried with bottled CO2, just wanted to be sure that materials cant be delivered to it, and its okay.
So its not a bug
just a WIP i guess.

Share this comment

image.thumb.png.a5f7c77fd8e47a0ceaa6880e26af0d01.png

Oh that's a really confusing issue, since in my game (see image) it's NOT the same animals (slickster are not cheched for me as it was for Siromatik ! ).

Share this comment

I dont think this is the way it was meant to be, since I have the same problem. When I built my critter feeders, Drecko and Drecklet were already checked, and were the only ones checked. The feeder also refused to feed my Drecko and it starved to death. I could not check them or uncheck the Drecko and Drecklet option (though they made a sound when i tried to tick the box) and when I put Mealice in the feeder to feed them (which is in their diet- well it says mealwood on the in game glossary, but i assumed it meant meal lice. So I used a hatch setting to put it in the feeder) but the feeder doesn't dispense for them, I assume because I couldn't check 'Drecko' or 'Drecklet'.  I played with it to see if it was just a visual glitch (by clicking it and getting a sound, trying to fill it, then ticking it again and trying to fill it) and it did not work. 

On 6/1/2018 at 6:46 AM, Mikro said:

It’s because none of the foods these critters eat can be put into a feeder.

It could be conveyed better though. I was confused for a while before I realized why they were checked.

I would like to understand (especially if this is just my mistake). I don't really understand why it would be checked, which means 'yes' or 'true' in all other menus of the game, if putting food into it is 'no' or 'false'. The menu under the other critters, including the ones i hadn't encountered yet on my map, showed foods and materials I didn't have and had never had, and it allowed me to un-tick and tick those boxes without issue. 

Im trying a new save now to see if this problem is just an error on certain world gen's or something.

Drecko feeder glitch.png

Share this comment