[PS4 / PS5] Forced database rebuild after playing

Glubsch
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Playstation Fixed

I'm using standard PS4 with German language scheme. Whenever I restart the console after playing, I have to rebuild the database of my console. This happens every time. I have already deleted all saves and redownloaded the game, but that didn't help.

The game itself seems to run fine. No crashes, no errors, nothing suspicious.

Steps to Reproduce
  1. Start the game (Standard PS4, European PSN)
  2. Close the game.
  3. Restart the console
  4. Wait while the database is automatically rebuilt.
  5. Rinse, Repeat.
  • Like 1

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Same issue. 

if I play another game and turn off PlayStation and turn it on again it will not rebuild data base. 

but if I played griftlands 100% it will rebuild data base. 

this can do real harm to our HDD. need a patch to fix this ASAP. 

i will be avoiding playing this game till this issue is fixed. Can’t risk my PlayStation. 

there are numerous other bugs that needs to be looked into but this should be priority one! 

• Like 1

Share this comment

I'm having the same issue on PS4

I was really enjoying the game. But I can't play it again until this is patched. Hopefully it will be patched soon.

Share this comment

Hi folks, thank you for your reports and apologies if this has affected you. We have discussed these reports with our port partner and have been able to reproduce this, and we think we have a fix for it. Once that fix is confirmed, we will try to do what we can to get a patch out ASAP. Thank you for reporting this to us, and for your patience while we work to resolve this. Sorry for the inconvenience, everyone.

Share this comment

On 6/11/2021 at 1:05 AM, JanH said:

Hi folks, thank you for your reports and apologies if this has affected you. We have discussed these reports with our port partner and have been able to reproduce this, and we think we have a fix for it. Once that fix is confirmed, we will try to do what we can to get a patch out ASAP. Thank you for reporting this to us, and for your patience while we work to resolve this. Sorry for the inconvenience, everyone.

Any update when we can get the patch on PlayStation? 

because majority of us on PlayStation have stopped playing it due to this data base rebuilding issue. 

i bought it on day one and haven’t touched it after the initial 40 hours. 

Share this comment

Changed Status to Fixed

Changed Note: to Hey everyone, the update with a fix for this issue has been rolled out for PlayStation 4. (Ver. 1.01) Thank you for your patience while our port partners resolved this and apologies for the inconvenience.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment