Crash upon talking to any first mission NPC in any campaign.

V4LKYRI3
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Basically any time I start a game and talk to the first mission NPC in any campaign, no matter which mission I choose to go to first. The game crashes. I have verified all my files and also reinstalled the game. Nothing out of the ordinary has occurred to cause it. I played 3 games yesterday without an issue and on the next run attempt is when it started happening.

Steps to Reproduce

Launch campaign for the character.
Talk to initial NPC.
Go to any of the missions.
Click on mission NPC.

Game crashes.

User Feedback

What kind of crash are you getting?  Is it a blue screen with a lua callstack, or a complete quit to desktop?

The CLIENT_LOG_2 you just indicates you loading a save game and then abandoning it so it doesn't seem like this is the save game you were having a problem with.  If possible, can you post the save game you're having a problem with?  You can find the save file in the same directory as the game log, under the saves folder.

Alternatively, if you F8 feedback after loading into the game you're having a problem with and entering something like "This save game crashes when I talk to an NPC!" we can access the information that way.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

It is a quit to desktop. Honestly, it doesn't matter if it is a save game or a new game. It just immediately crashes when I click on the icon to talk to any of those beginning mission NPCs. The log I added was the one I had from the 2nd day of crashing I crashed on a new run every time. I  just abandoned the two save games after the fact. I abandoned them simply because I wouldn't be able to get past talking to the mission NPCs therefore not allowing me to play the game. Those save games were both attempted earlier, they crashed on the initial new run and then after loading. I can't explain why the log doesn't indicate play time before that last load up, there should be a whole other day worth of crashing in that log.

I'm going to give it a go again right now and post another log if/when it does crash again.

Update: Okay, so same thing but not an immediate quit to desktop. This is a new run. Basically, I did the first popup side encounter in this run with no problem. I got to the first mission NPC clicked to talk to them and the game hung up. By hung up I mean loading circle on mouse and the thing just froze.  Sound still goes in the game for a little bit but then goes away and that is when I Alt-F4. Clicking around and stuff doesn't indicate that the game is still operating. Really not sure but at least now it is doing something different and more in line with what I would expect from a crash.

log.txt

Share this comment