[Beta] Not dying when drowning

Bolanis
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Closed

I have drowned twice during the new Shipwrecked Beta, once in an Encrusted Boat, once in a Cargo Boat. However, instead of dying and resurrecting at the touchstone I spawned to the nearest beach as if I had a life jacket on.

Steps to Reproduce
Both causes were possibly due to being attacked by Ballphins (or possibly by a Crockodog - one turned up as I was attacking the group of Ballphins) during Hurricane Season.

User Feedback

I didn't consciously befriend any Ballphins but it's possible that they ate the meat dropped by their dead friends as I attacked the pod. This could theoretically mean that by the time I died we were friends and decided to save me? Hmm, okay - nice exploit that I've found then!

Share this comment

I was aware of the ballphins saving you, and I assumed it was when they were your friends. It could be if they are just near you when you die though. Hmm.. I'll have to check the code.

Share this comment

The same thing happend to me. I died at sea, and my character appeard on the island. I didn't befriend any ballphins (there where a ballphin home - but at some distance from where the fighting took place).

Edited by voyager156

Share this comment