Can’t scroll with mouse wheel in vertical crafting menu

plotmissed
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Pending

Happened after installing Game Update 303804

Steps to Reproduce
Click on any crafting tab and try to scroll down

User Feedback

Are you using any mods? Code has changed with regards to this which may make some mods malfunction.

If no mods, try verifying your game files and if it still happens please let me know what gamemode are you running (Vanilla/ROG/SW/Hamlet). I just tested and it works fine for me.

Share this comment

Thanks for your time! Turned off all mods and also verified game files. Then tested it with a new Hamlet World and a new Shipwrecked World, with two mouses which scroll wheels work, but unfortunately it’s still not working.

Just sent a in-game bug report (with the title of this bug report in the description and the save slots I tested)

Share this comment

Very odd, it uses the same scroll detection as map zoom in/zoom out. Does that still work for you?

For another test, that seems very unrelated but there's something I'd like to check - Can you go in a Hamlet world, open the console and type

c_spawn("cookpot")

then

c_give("berries",4)

and cook those 4 berries?

If that works then one working theory is off the table.

Share this comment

Same here. I only just started playing again, and the mouse wheel stopped scrolling through the craft lists. 
It does still zoom in/out for the map. 

Please halp! 

Share this comment

Zooming works fine for me too.

I was able to spawn the crockpot and the berries and was able to cook it. Works fine.  (got a Fist Full of Jam, was able to eat it)

1 hour ago, mangobutter said:

Same here. I only just started playing again, and the mouse wheel stopped scrolling through the craft lists. 
It does still zoom in/out for the map. 

Please halp! 

You can still use the up and down arrows :)

Edited by plotmissed

Share this comment

I believe I have this fixed locally but need to confirm. A patch will go out later today or early tomorrow.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

Can you try -again- verifying your game files? I literally forgot to implement something in OSX version (yeah.....), tested on multiple Macs and so far you're the only one that has reported it as not fixed.

Share this comment

Sure! Verified the game files, steam is up-to-date, and updates are on high priority.

no mods, started a new vanilla world and cannot scroll, zooming works

Share this comment

Drat, I found the issue .This will be fixed in the upcoming update, but for now, if you need a work around you can Reset the inputs in Main Menu>Controls>Reset followed by Apply.

• Thanks 2

Share this comment