No escape trap

orian34
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Pending

I was exploring a nice ruin for fun, until I pass an infamous locked doors room. Except that after reaching a dead end, I found out that I couldn't come back, the door considered locked.

I guess this is what happens to greedy explorers... I can just starve to death and become the next skeleton to find in these ruins

image.png.8d879e1482de8a9f66a5c26170292d15.png

Some details that can help:

I am not inside said locked room, I cannot enter it anymore.

When I entered the trap room, I walked on a pressure plate, but it didn't seem to lock the doors. Or maybe it did for a split second then it unlocked.

Steps to Reproduce
Enter a ruin. Pass a locked door trap room. Try to backtrack to find the door leading to said room locked.
  • Sad 1

User Feedback

I find it nice that you can get trapped inside the ruins and die of starvation, it kinda fits the game purpose, BUUUUUT, in the actual state of the Beta, we don't have any reliable reviving method. So this is kinda a balance issue for me.

My suggestion: Let people die a lot in the ruins, but give us more ways to revive

Share this comment

How to escape:

Spoiler

The pressure plate that shut the door at first also opens it when held down. Place an item on the pressure plate to escape. Sometimes multiple pressure plates are hooked up to the same door. If so, stepping on the second pressure plate will force you to pick up and replace the item.

Share this comment

8 hours ago, The 2C3D said:

How to escape:

Hide contents

The pressure plate that shut the door at first also opens it when held down. Place an item on the pressure plate to escape. Sometimes multiple pressure plates are hooked up to the same door. If so, stepping on the second pressure plate will force you to pick up and replace the item.

You didn't understand the issue. The pressure plates are in the other room and I can't enter it anymore. Locking me out of the exit

Share this comment

13 hours ago, orian34 said:

You didn't understand the issue. The pressure plates are in the other room and I can't enter it anymore. Locking me out of the exit

0_o

That's bad...

Share this comment