Black floor in house after reconnect

megaunit321312
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Pending

I saved and exited in my house so I could show a game-crashing bug, but I reconnected and my house's floor was gone. Also, for some reason, my bird trap (which was previously missing due to being eaten up by the floor because of the 'cloudy floor of death' bug) became activated as if a bird got trapped in it, and was also floating as if it was on water.

The bird trap appeared (unactivated) before I saved and exited, but didn't realise it was there until i saw it activated in my now black house, and looked back in my screenshots to see it there, unactivated.

So basically two seperate bugs, my bird trap reappeared after being eaten up by the floor (from another bug)

And my house floor became pitch black, and activated my bird trap. Since it looks like the trap is floating on water, I'd assume the ground has become water, which.. is bad.

Update: I left the house and re-entered and now everything is pitch black. It's not darkness so I'm not dying, but now I  can't leave and my house is now a void.

birb.png

l o l w h a t.png

ohdudethatsgreatnahireallywantedmyhousetobecomeafuckingvoid.png

Steps to Reproduce
Save and exit in home

User Feedback

just happened to me as well, mate. i saved the game while inside the house, when i reload the game the floor is black just like your second picture, everything aside the building is gone. then when i left the house and entered it again then everything is just pitch black.

i tried to use console and teleport next to lightning rod which is outside the house everything is just black just like inside the house and even though it's in the middle of the day unequipping lantern caused charlie to attack.

it's day 46 already and i've made my first meat effigy,,, i'm sooo ready to go venturing to the unknown but...

it's really sad but well, that's why we sign up for beta test.

EDIT i walk around and hear pigs noises which means that i'm actually inside the town and my teleportation is succesful. i look up the map and found that my character's icon doesn't show up.

then i decided to kill myself by force attacking pig guardian and let charlie hit me. i resurrect at meat effigy and everything went back to normal.

EDIT AGAIN i went to my house again an everything just repeats itself. so meat effigy didn't fix it.

Edited by wx_101
found another info

Share this comment

I can confirm this happened to me as well.  I had a back up save for testing bugs, so I loaded it and was able to reproduce the dark interior.  There might be some other factors but saving while inside the house and reloading the save will cause the interior of the house to disappear when you reenter.

Interestingly,  if you don't go back in the house and instead play for another day, make a new save, exit and reload, then the house interior comes back.

Share this comment

25 minutes ago, fluxpinner said:

I can confirm this happened to me as well.  I had a back up save for testing bugs, so I loaded it and was able to reproduce the dark interior.  There might be some other factors but saving while inside the house and reloading the save will cause the interior of the house to disappear when you reenter.

Interestingly,  if you don't go back in the house and instead play for another day, make a new save, exit and reload, then the house interior comes back.

Could you upload the backup save that allows you to repro it, and not happen if you play for another day?

I have a hard time triggering this bug, and once it's broken it's too late to debug how it happens, maybe your save will help analyze it.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

43 minutes ago, bizziboi said:

Could you upload the backup save that allows you to repro it, and not happen if you play for another day?

I have a hard  time  triggering this bug, and once it's broken it's too late to debug how it happens, maybe your save will help analyze it.

Here's the save file.  This was actually my first time making a backup file.  It's dumb luck I tried making a backup on this save file since I hadn't realized I had triggered a bug already.  So while the original save was made inside the house, this one starts right after exiting the house.  However, the sequence of events was the same as what everyone else described.

If you go back inside you'll see the bug in OP's screen shot.

If you do not go back inside, but instead go about your business, it's possible to get the house interior to come back.  I'm not sure exactly what conditions triggered the reversal of the bug, but I can confirm that it eventually goes back to normal.

I hope this helps.

Disappearinginterior.txt

1 hour ago, wx_101 said:

how do you play for another day? spending your time in the dark house?

Ah, I had made a backup of the save file and reloaded that.  My original save was completely ruined like yours.  I hung out in the dark interior of the house randomly picking up objects and prototyping things on the alchemy engine, but I never got the visuals back.  As far as I can tell, once you go back in the house there's nothing you can do.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment